New Feature Guides v2 is here

Currently reading:
New Feature Guides v2 is here

il_1588xN.2653096132_5ces (Small).jpg

No no, we haven't teamed up with Haynes - I just needed a nice picture to go in the header ;)

I spent the last week converting the old guides system (basically just threads in a hidden forum) to a proper article based system.

To be honest, there is a not a whole lot of extra front end functionality, but 3 important features are now available:
  1. A guide can now span multiple pages, with independent attachments on each - a table of contents is then automatically created. It keeps things more tidy and stops those huge scrolling guides!
    Pretty simple to do, submit your first page as normal - then an "Add Page" button will appear to add additional ones :)
  2. Because it utilizes the prefix system, I can now drag guides into the relevant forum section.
    So, if someone posts a new 500 guide, it will now also show up as a post in the 500 section, hurrah!
  3. A guide author can now set a difficulty rating (1-5) which will show up as spanners on the guide listing page and also in the guide details itself.
One thing to note, if you just browse to the guides section directly, you will see everything - use the filter system to filter by model:
1646553613033.png

Or click the "Guides" quick link button at the top of the model's forum page:
1646553656934.png

So please all go and have a look in the new section and let me know what you think!

Even better, if you've done something to your FIAT recently (or aim to soon) why not make a new guide for it!

Have a great Sunday everyone :)

Last edited:
Back