General Gt spark plugs ?????

Currently reading:
General Gt spark plugs ?????

HI ALL ,,,HAS ANYONE ELSE SUFFERED PROBLEMS WHEN CHANGING SPARK PLUGS ON A GT1 ??? I NEVER LOOKED AT MINE AND WENT INTO MOTOR FACTORS AND GOT MYSELF THE LISTED PLUGS --NGK BCPR6ET ONCE I CHANGED OIL ETC AND TOOK CAR OUT L8R TODAY IT WAS REALLY SLUGGISH AND KEPT BOGGING DOWN AND STRUGGLING TO BOOST , AND A VERY STRONG HEAT SMELL OUT OF EXHAUST ,SO FIRST THING IN MORNING IM GOING BACK TO THE PREVIOUSLY FITTED NGK BCPR7ET AS IT RAN 100% ,
ANYONE SHED ANY LIGHT ON WHY THESE CARS SUFFER THIS PROBLEM ??? :confused:

if its missing you could have a dodgy batch or the leads replaced wrong,i think the plugs you have dont need gapping not too sure some come with 3 pegs facing the electrode,the standard type you can set the gap,if you can check the gap on the plugs?

:D all sorted now !!! the 6et plugs are triple as so are the 7et , but the 7et can handle more heat , i changed them back to the old plugs today and no problems so i then took the 6et's that i burnt out bought back to motor factors and swapped for new set of 7et's and it boosts and pulls like a mo##er f****r now , so anyone else with a mk1 gt1 my advise is use the 7et ngk plugs , (y)

they probably list 6's for them all.
gt1's have lower compression & gt3's higher so different plugs needed

Back