General gsr fitted thursday and i was wondering...

Currently reading:
General gsr fitted thursday and i was wondering...

Thats really weird, why cant you remap that ecu but you can others?

Because they are different?. Whats weird about that?.

Just like there are 100's of different brands and types of PC you cannot use the same RAM module in each one.

This means the remapping process is different and can take a while to figure out how. Doesn't help the fact that manufacturers are actively fighting to try and prevent remapping.

i got my springs off potn.com and they were about 130 quid
and no not hard but much easier if youve got a garage to do it with proper car ramps i wouldnt do it with axle stands lol
oh and cheers chris im considerin it if he can

and no not hard but much easier if youve got a garage to do it with proper car ramps i wouldnt do it with axle stands lol

It looks way better, the wheels fit the arches perfectly, hows the ride? i would be worried its too hard and bouncy :(

No worries. I woudn't worry if they can't map it as the Induction kit alone will increase it to 105bhp at least and give tasty torque gains :yum: :devil:.

Ask 'manthatkidisscrewed' what he thinks of his ;).

yea thanks chris im meetin up with him soon cos my mates fittin his eibach springs.
and no the rides awesome. still comfortable but makes corners so much more fun :)

yea it is the eibach sportlines and it is dropped about 40mm
i took this pic the day i dropped it so my cars a bit different now but it shows how low it is pretty well
27072008166.jpg

The startjets (along with the newer Panda100hp's) cannot be remapped due to the ECU I believe. Might want to PM 'oldschool' to confirm before you make the journey!.

I have the same engine in my mk2b Punto but because it uses an older ECU im fine & managed to get it mapped :).

starjet aint same as yours an that old panda, still not sure about mapping it though, didnt some one get a starjet remapped at the last rr day?
it will take oldschool 3 weeks to get to the phone so ring red dot and ask them:devil:

Last edited:
yea i text him he said he couldnt get it done because there isnt a map yet but im still going to ask old skool on thursday just incase when hes fittin my induction kit
thanks guys

starjet aint same as yours an that old panda, still not sure about mapping it though, didnt some one get a starjet remapped at the last rr day?
it will take oldschool 3 weeks to get to the phone so ring red dot and ask them:devil:

There wasnt a starjet there? Was my Tjet though if thats what you thinking of? :p

Back