General Great ice/snow car

Currently reading:
General Great ice/snow car

Duffish like the look of your new Cross. I can tell you that you will have a truly capable car for poor conditions.

It'll be interesting to see what the Goodyear 4 Seasons are like, our car is fitted with the usual Continental winters (yes, yes everyone I know they're mud and snow .... don't start that one again). To be honest tyres are a big part of the story, I have used winters (Michelin Alpins) on an old battered Ford Fusion we have for a few years now and they make a massive difference.

I've been busting to try the Panda for over a year now and I haven't been disappointed when the time has come. Thing is we need it 'cos of where we live so it was important that it could cope.

Another happy snap of the view from the front door this morning.

- 22.5 degrees?? Brrrrr!

Duffish like the look of your new Cross. I can tell you that you will have a truly capable car for poor conditions.

It'll be interesting to see what the Goodyear 4 Seasons are like, our car is fitted with the usual Continental winters (yes, yes everyone I know they're mud and snow .... don't start that one again). To be honest tyres are a big part of the story, I have used winters (Michelin Alpins) on an old battered Ford Fusion we have for a few years now and they make a massive difference.

I've been busting to try the Panda for over a year now and I haven't been disappointed when the time has come. Thing is we need it 'cos of where we live so it was important that it could cope.

Another happy snap of the view from the front door this morning.

I was surprised but pleased that my Cross came with Goodyear Vectors rather than Conti's. The Vectors have a very good reputation indeed and so far they have given a feeling of total security in "sunny" Manchester conditions down to around -5. They don't make much road noise and seem ideally suited to the Cross. Wonder if they are going to fit them to the Trekking or 4X4?

They won't be fitting the Vectors to the 4x4 or Trekking 'cos Goodyear don't make them in the 175/65r15 size in fact the don't make any all season or winter tyres in that size.

I ran the Vector 4Seasons on my old 169-model 4x4 and they were truly remarkable in all weathers, including snow. I doubt in truth that the Conti Winters on my current 4x4 TA will fair any worse, as they are both fully Mountain Snowflake'd up, but we just need some snow down here in the South to make the roads fun again....

The Contis are good stoppers too. Came 'round a bend doing about 80 km/h last night on the way home and there was a massive moose standing in the middle of the rather icy road. Slammed on the anchors and aimed for it's ar5e, but stopped well before getting anywhere near it.

It stood admiring the 4x4 for a while before wandering off into the woods with its legs heading in a dozen different directions.

The Contis are good stoppers too. Came 'round a bend doing about 80 km/h last night on the way home and there was a massive moose standing in the middle of the rather icy road. Slammed on the anchors and aimed for it's ar5e, but stopped well before getting anywhere near it.

It stood admiring the 4x4 for a while before wandering off into the woods with its legs heading in a dozen different directions.
I hate it when that happens ��

Lots of fresh snow in Oslo today, and its a bit of traffic chaos even here.

I have heard some people question whether you actually need a 4x4 family car in a city.
The answer is yes, how else could you possibly win at the traffic lights?

I wish there was a way to disconnect the ESC program 100% by a simple switch or something.

Attachments

• WP_20150326_08_13_50_Pro.jpg
    WP_20150326_08_13_50_Pro.jpg
    666.3 KB · Views: 78
Wow! I just read that Gardemur is closed due heavy snow

-Tazio

Back