graphics cards

Currently reading:
graphics cards

iv used both for gaming and haven't had any problems with either i don't really have a preference either

saying that i haven't done anything particularly demanding with them

i did over clock my ati one quite a bit for fun and didnt have any issues but its back to normal now :)

I can really recommend the Nvidia 9800GT GREEN if your rig isnt up to the power requirements of 2 or 3 additional designated feeds to the gfx card.
I have it in mine and it runs all the latest games ... Black ops included with all gfx options enabled. (i dont have Crysis2 so havent tested yet)
I play all manner of 1st person Shooters and Driving games and it makes easy work of all games ive tried, with all gfx options on HIGH.
You can pick them up dirt cheap if you look hard enough.

I can really recommend the Nvidia 9800GT GREEN if your rig isnt up to the power requirements of 2 or 3 additional designated feeds to the gfx card.
I have it in mine and it runs all the latest games ... Black ops included with all gfx options enabled. (i dont have Crysis2 so havent tested yet)
I play all manner of 1st person Shooters and Driving games and it makes easy work of all games ive tried, with all gfx options on HIGH.
You can pick them up dirt cheap if you look hard enough.
On what screen size and resolution though? That is key surely....

not going to go onto a 9800, due to it been not a massive amount from what i have now.

at the moment 1024X1029 19"
do want a 22" wide screen oe even a 17.3" wide screen but that's not due yet.
i use screens till they are broken or unable to cope.
and my acer al1912 works fine

going to wait to see if i get a bursary / grant tho before buying a graphics card, prediction say im going to have to work another 400 hours next year to pay for uni out right, and leave a kitty next year.

had a quick google
175 buy it now. lol
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BARGAIN-19-Co...ts_Monitors&hash=item45fabf0893#ht_500wt_1156
i paid 150 about 8 years ago probably longer (new)
yes i did send a message saying ill give him 20. if he says yes i want postage in that.

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back