General "Grande Punto"

Currently reading:
General "Grande Punto"

deeinlondon

So what are people's thoughts on the New Mk 4 Punto?

I hear the engines are a lot less powerful then previous puntos .. why?

fiat_grande_punto_28_07_05.jpg

Punto Mk3 (come on, a faclifted Mk2 isn't a Mk3), has only basic petrol engines, mainly because Fiat have developed great Multijet Diesels. They're the ones to go for, 120 or 130bhp from the 1.9 is in line with the HGT, and better than the old diesel HGT, and probably more drivable in the real world. Plus good fuel economy! I hope they are a real step up in quality, as the specification of even the Active is impressive. Hopefully this is the car to get Fiat back into peoples minds and driving them.

Anyone have any idea on prices?

Gav said:
Hopefully this is the car to get Fiat back into peoples minds and driving them.

No need to Fiat are easily outselling the GM group,also retaining the old punto to run alongside new punto.New stilo out early 2007,panda selling well with good reliability reports...even the croma is starting to sell(I know of onegarage that has sold 6:eek: )multipla going well after big price cuts,doblo & ducato still selling strongly.Was talking to 'goodfriend in the know' other day & Fiat are apparently very healthy(y)
New projects with Ford & others on the way...dont worry folks Fiat will be around for along time yet:D

Personally i DON'T like it. It looks way too different to other puntos, looks more like a citroen to me. And i don't think many blokes will buy this car, looks very girly to me, at least with older puntos lads could get away with it.

basically its a mini maserati coupe. remember same person designed both. Giugiaro (what a legend!!!)
I can't get over the fact that it looks perfect from every angle, it is just so well proportioned.(y)

lalli said:
basically its a mini maserati coupe. remember same person designed both. Giugiaro (what a legend!!!)
I can't get over the fact that it looks perfect from every angle, it is just so well proportioned.(y)

:yeahthat:

too many cars around now that look 'odd' from some angles, but I think this new Punto's perfect. Wasn't sure about it when I first saw it, I prefer sharper styled cars like the Punto mkII. but I think the curves have grown on me over the last few months. mmmm, curves.

Back