grande punto sporting 1.9 diesel timing belt

Currently reading:
grande punto sporting 1.9 diesel timing belt

roneyponey

hi, just getting some advice. 2 weeks ago had my timing belt changed. today on the motorway, heard a noise like a plastic bag flapping under the car, when I pulled over the undertray was hanging loose and all cracked having been rubbing on the road. before I go back to the dealer and complain I just want to make sure that they would remove/ loosen it to change the belt in this model.

cheers

hi, just getting some advice. 2 weeks ago had my timing belt changed. today on the motorway, heard a noise like a plastic bag flapping under the car, when I pulled over the undertray was hanging loose and all cracked having been rubbing on the road. before I go back to the dealer and complain I just want to make sure that they would remove/ loosen it to change the belt in this model.

cheers

ask in the GP section,
but a bit too coincidental to NOT be down to them :rolleyes:IMHO,

Charlie

I'm pretty sure they would have removed the engine bay lower tray as on most Fiats (can't say for certain on your car) the tray is connected to the inner wheel arch liners.

To change the cam belt requires inner wheel arch access and if done properly access to the flywheel area to secure the engine at TDC.

Go back to the garage/dealer.

Back