Grande Punto Facelift :(

Currently reading:
Grande Punto Facelift :(

Ifound these pics afew months ago of the face grande punto and its looks horrible at the front :( like the back lights tho, what your opinion?

2010_Fiat_Grande_Punto.jpg

2010_Fiat_Grande_Punto_Interior.jpg

New_Fiat_Grande_Punto.jpg

Yeah, looks like a cross b/w d sexy punto & 500;). Why the direction indicatiors on the bumper? Front & rear bumpers looks weird(n)

Attachments

• 2FiatGrandePuntoEvofacelift.jpg
    2FiatGrandePuntoEvofacelift.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 53
Hows would it be more aerodynamic, tbh i think more people go looks of a car not aerodynamic it is as it would have a top speed of 90mph lol

That is what Fiat claimed the changes were all about in Autocar Weekly - subtle changes to improve the aerodynamics giving better MPG. The facelift will be available with the new MultiAir engines, in keeping with Fiat's dedication to economy.

Glad I ordered mine before the updates are through.

It might look better in the flesh but the split grill is awful.
Having said that the Pug, Fiesta and Corsa are even worse.
So I guess I'd still go for thr GP in it's class.

Like the interior detail changes though.

Last edited:
The new face really is horrible. Still, most people can't see elegant simplicity when it stares them in the face, and the fact that the new car should be very economical and a good drive should sway many - I hope.

I am very disappointed by Fiat though.

I Like the rear lights, but that's it, i wonder if they will be able to fit on the current Grande Punto...

For the front, it would have been so much simpler to add the current accessories air dam as standard. Also would have looked better.

There's one at work and it looks very nice, although apparently speed bumps can be an issue.

50902332_Large.jpg

That is what Fiat claimed the changes were all about in Autocar Weekly - subtle changes to improve the aerodynamics giving better MPG. The facelift will be available with the new MultiAir engines, in keeping with Fiat's dedication to economy.

That is aload of C-rap. tell me how that is more aerodynamic?

I saw it in a magazine about a week ago..They call it punto EVO!!When I first saw the name , I thought it would be about a fast version of the grande-an ugly one-but no...:cry:Grande got ruinned!!That big front(reminds me of Peugeots)lip really spoils the whole aggresive look.The back lip is awful too , the lights are ok though I prefer the normal ones.I love the interior though , as I never liked the original grande's one.It's much sexier and it doesn't do that annoying "lowering" before the centre console starts.
About the aerodynamics , I really can't see how too lips and different lights could improve'em.There isn't that much of a change at the air flow as the air-holes at the front remain about the same.Maybe they're gonna put some new , more economical engines and thus increase MPG and decrease CO2 emissions.Personally I believe they did it in order to attract younger customers , the ones that used to buy the rest of the puntos.I'm 21 and though I like the Grande , I wouldn't buy one cause it's just too strict for a Punto(and for me) unlike the other 2 gens.My opinnion is enforced by the blue-happy color inside which obviously is supposed to attract younger people.
For me , it didn't work.It may look ''younger'' and ''funnier'' but now it's ugly.
P.S.I don't mean that Grande Punto owners are old.:)

For the front, it would have been so much simpler to add the current accessories air dam as standard. Also would have looked better.

There's one at work and it looks very nice, although apparently speed bumps can be an issue.

50902332_Large.jpg

Don't suppose you've got a picture of the actual car have you? I really want to see what one of these looks like fitted to the car!

Back