General Grande Punto - clunk

Currently reading:
General Grande Punto - clunk

firedawg333

Morning Foks,

Just bought youngest a 2007 1.3 Grande Punto Diesel to learn to drive in. First Fiat since I sold my Doblo 3 years ago, though I have had a few Fiats and Alfa's over the years so I know the Italian cars foibles.

Just a quick question car has a clunk on acceleration, deceleration and when I turn the engine off. My not very vast knowledge points to engine mounts as I have had a couple of cars have the same problem over the years. Is it a big job to change them and any idea what a garage would charge roughly cause this will determine whether I attempt the job myself?

Thanks
Mark.

Morning Foks,

Just bought youngest a 2007 1.3 Grande Punto Diesel to learn to drive in. First Fiat since I sold my Doblo 3 years ago, though I have had a few Fiats and Alfa's over the years so I know the Italian cars foibles.

Just a quick question car has a clunk on acceleration, deceleration and when I turn the engine off. My not very vast knowledge points to engine mounts as I have had a couple of cars have the same problem over the years. Is it a big job to change them and any idea what a garage would charge roughly cause this will determine whether I attempt the job myself?

Thanks
Mark.
More than likely the dog bone mount on the back/middle of the engine which controls the forward/backward movement of the engine, i think its only2 bolts if I remember correctly but the piece is quite expensive for what it is, and some people just pour some urethane rubber in the old piece (I’d not advise doing that)

Cheers Andy! Yeah deffo dog bone mount, got under the car and there was so much free play as if no rubber left in the mount. Only trouble I can see is getting the bolt out without removing part of the exhaust as the bolt is quite long but I'll give it a go in the next few days.

Back