Technical Grande Punto back doors sticking

Currently reading:
Technical Grande Punto back doors sticking

CallumW

Hello, i have recently bought my first car, a Fiat Grande Punto 2007 1.2L Petrol. The old owner was an old women who never used the back doors. When i picked the car up, the dealer said he had oiled the doors so they should open easier it would just need to go through the system. It has been around 5 months now since i bought the car and it has been sticking since then. To open the back door, i need to pull the handle and put pressure on the door and then open it so the door opens. Is there a way to make it easier to open such as WD40 to lubricate the system.
I have had a look at the door and i cant see any damage to the door system.
The doors open fine from the inside, the problem only happens when opening from the outside.

I am looking forward to some help
Regards
Callum

Last edited:
Hello, i have recently bought my first car, a Fiat Grande Punto 2007 1.2L Petrol. The old owner was an old women who never used the back doors. When i picked the car up, the dealer said he had oiled the doors so they should open easier it would just need to go through the system. It has been around 5 months now since i bought the car and it has been sticking since then. To open the back door, i need to pull the handle and put pressure on the door and then open it so the door opens. Is there a way to make it easier to open such as WD40 to lubricate the system.
I have had a look at the door and i cant see any damage to the door system.
The doors open fine from the inside, the problem only happens when opening from the outside.

I am looking forward to some help
Regards
Callum

Hi Callum. And welcome to FF.

There are plenty of little things to do.. the other..related.. one is the window winder mechanism..

Also worth a bit of love when you are checking around the doors.

Have a look in the granda FAQs and GUIDES

Charlie 2007 mj and 2012 ta

Hi Callum and welcome on board !

do you mean you have to somehow distord the door panel ? i.e. the handle would flip easily without 'resistance' if you don't push the door ...

Cheers, Bernie

Back