Technical Grande Punto 1.3D Sensor

Currently reading:
Technical Grande Punto 1.3D Sensor

Ms1994

I had my timing chain replaced a couple of weeks ago and a couple of weeks in my EML come on.

Does anybody know what this sensor is? If so, what is it called and would it cause the engine light to come on?

Where the arrow is pointing, is that where the sensor goes?

Cheers.

f81326b0de.jpg

Do you have a diagnostic reader to obtain fault code?
I've no experience of fiat but where the arrow is pointing is an engine core plug.the wiring isn't too long so it may be easy enough to see where it has come off.new here great forum and hopefully someone can point you in the right direction

Thanks for the reply, I have tried a diagnostic reader but they dont work! think its a problem with the car

I've had a look at EPER, I cannot find anything on there that is housed in that location. I would have initially thought crank sensor, except the 1.3d is not located there.

Get the codes read and report back. This will tell you what is going on.

I can't get any diagnostic codes as the socket always reads link error

I can't get any diagnostic codes as the socket always reads link error

Hello, and welcome to FF, :)

all I see in the pic is;
1, a clean'ish hole,
2, a cable with plug.. NO SENSOR:confused:

ok - some readers / scanners are a bit patchy,
I'd use FIAT group specific sortware.., ;)

where are you based ? - somebody may be able to help diagnose this..,
Charlie - Oxford

Hey thanks!
I had someone look at it, and they could only suggest its from a sensor which has fell out but not sure where.
I'm based in Liverpool

Its on all the time, dosesnt effect the engine but its just annoying me now lol,

0b14fd69f6.jpg

0b18107827.jpg

I have found this diagram, the wire thats hanging out is attached down the oil tube as it is on the diagram too.

See L021 VALVE INSERTING CONDITIONER COMPRESSOR

This is what the diagram is saying about the connection

Its on all the time, dosesnt effect the engine but its just annoying me now lol,

0b14fd69f6.jpg

0b18107827.jpg

I have found this diagram, the wire thats hanging out is attached down the oil tube as it is on the diagram too.

See L021 VALVE INSERTING CONDITIONER COMPRESSOR

This is what the diagram is saying about the connection

Looking at the diagram, That looks like it goes to an Aircon compressor?

I know!

Does anybody have a grande punto diesel?
If someone can put an image up of their wiring up in the same place, it would be helpful

Back