General got my first cinq tonight

Currently reading:
General got my first cinq tonight

Welcome to Cento ownership! Make sure you have a good set of spanners! ;)

(y)

I have!!
I am slightly annoyed at my purchase cos I have had it since Monday night and have only done 6 miles in it!! they were a fun 6 miles though!! the engine water leak is quite bad now so I dont want to risk making it worse, going to get it in my yard and take the cam belt covers off and see whats happening, I have priced a water pump from a factors and I cant determine yet if its the water rail O ring.
:mad:
I have noticed that it doent idle very smooth and it sounds liek a plug down upon revving, once revved up though its smooth, so I assume that the HG is gone too? I cant feel any presure building holdign my palm over in place of the water cap, but saying that with its leak I might not be able to tell.

I welcome myself to Cinq ownership! :confused:

merry christmas and all that!!

my mate has a compression tester, at the moment I havent got the heart to use it, cos I know it will be a poor reading!! ho-hum!! s'pose I will though when I carry out the possible water pump job. before I take head off, which actually looks an easy job, not much differnt to a cvh which I am used to.

fingers and everything else crossed, and then crossed again!! lol
:bang:

To date I have driven:
1.7dtdi Vectra
2.0 Zetec Zetec TDi Focus
2.0 Zetec Modeo
1.8T Volvo V40?
1.3 Fiesta
1.3l Micra K11

Nothing comes close to the bare, back-to-basics fun factor of the cinq:slayer:

Just to conclude here before I start a more relevant topic.

(n) My water pump is leaking from its bearing. Only minimal amount compared to what I thought, engine heats to just over 90 and then fan kicks in ok. With full amount of water in it ran much smoother, there was even pressure under the cap after I let it cool for a while, so I assume its not being blown out the HG, and despite the pump leak. I drained off the water due to it being fresh in with no antifreeze and there is no oil present, just a bit rusty colour. I cant see any evidence of water in the oil either on the dipstick.

I am going to borrow a compression tester to make sure though, what shoudl the ideal compression be? or shall I just look for even pressure over all cylinders?

Washer bottle - upon removal of arch liner the problem was spotted right away, the rear rubber pipe end had split and was dangling free, I cut it short 15mm and pushed back on, water filled - everything OK. (y)

Back