General got my first cinq tonight

Currently reading:
General got my first cinq tonight

well i am now a cinq owner!!

A P plate car, 49000 miles, all MOT certs, has had various parts doen and evidence of servicing etc with previous owners spending lots of cash

Not driven it yet, just onto a transporter trailer to bring home.

Initialially the car is quite clean, a few tiny parking or shopping scratches, couple of new pirellis, interior is amazing!!

just one niggle - when I turn off the ignition, side lights go off?? I seem to remember a strada I had did that, and I thought it a fault

so, got to sort some its and bobs, and will report back in the next day or so!!

:)

welcome to cinq ownership :)

don't forget to stop by http://www.clubcento.co.uk - we're not a bad bunch ya know :)

The sidelights are meant to go off with the ignition, that's normal. If you want them to stay on though - there is a small button on the edge of the ignition barrel. Press that, and turn the key the wrong way. It'll put the sidelights on, and let you remove the key.

arc said:

don't forget to stop by http://www.clubcento.co.uk - we're not a bad bunch ya know :)

The sidelights are meant to go off with the ignition, that's normal. If you want them to stay on though - there is a small button on the edge of the ignition barrel. Press that, and turn the key the wrong way. It'll put the sidelights on, and let you remove the key.
ahh! I saw the little button, will have to try it tomorrow!

Always nice to hear of a new enthusiastic cinq owner (y) . I guess it’s a sporting model? Also what's the colour, don’t tell me we got another yellow one :rolleyes: :p .

Mine was filling up the washer bottle and have it **** all over my shoes:p

wel the car had over 1/4 tank of fuel in it, and I cant see anything leaking underneath or smell any fuel

I cant find the washer bottle, how embarrasing, and I called myself a bloke!!

Got the side light thing sorted

Yes its yellow, I didnt want any other colour

Another tyre question, the front two tyres are odd, 155/55 R13 and 165/55 R13, one of which has been run flat for a while, so has worn on outer edges, BUT the back has two brand new Pirellis - size 185/55 R13, they dont look out of place, would the same size go on the front?? I could just buy two new tyres instead of four then.

arc said:

So thats what it does :D :eek:

levimir said:
wel the car had over 1/4 tank of fuel in it, and I cant see anything leaking underneath or smell any fuel

I cant find the washer bottle, how embarrasing, and I called myself a bloke!!

Another tyre question, the front two tyres are odd, 155/55 R13 and 165/55 R13, one of which has been run flat for a while, so has worn on outer edges, BUT the back has two brand new Pirellis - size 185/55 R13, they dont look out of place, would the same size go on the front?? I could just buy two new tyres instead of four then.

Washer bottle is above/on the wheel on drivers side. It has a black cap, well on my sei it does :D Think its in the same spot on a cinq

The wheels will fit on the front so save a few bob and just get 2

Thanks, just priced up some tyres, 165/55 R13, at £28 each, so I may do all 4

Found the washer bottle :eek: now I cant get the cap off! :eek: :eek:

Right, dashboard questions:
Do the heater controls and window switches have illumination? cos mine dont
Is the radio on the same feed as the cig lighter? cos both dont work.
I have 1/4 tank of fuel, yet 'fuel low' light is on? can I remove this bulb??

Hmm, I took an more detailed look underneath, theres a stain on the very bottom part of the tank, now I am kakking myself for when i put my first few quid of fuel in....

anyway,,,

Had a good drive round in it this afternoon, interesting! she corners well, drives well and in a straight line, handbrake works, reverse is tricky? steering reminds me of a mini

my missus isnt keen; "its a bit basic" she says, bloody Rover driver!!

Welcome to Cento Ownership, look foward to fuel tank replacement, learn how to change clutch cables and also be prepared to get wet feet when you fill your washer bottle up :) there ever so fun to drive so it makes up for it lol.

Hope you injoy it!

Mark

levimir said:
Thanks, just priced up some tyres, 165/55 R13, at £28 each, so I may do all 4

Found the washer bottle :eek: now I cant get the cap off! :eek: :eek:

Right, dashboard questions:
Do the heater controls and window switches have illumination? cos mine dont
Is the radio on the same feed as the cig lighter? cos both dont work.
I have 1/4 tank of fuel, yet 'fuel low' light is on? can I remove this bulb??

Hmm, I took an more detailed look underneath, theres a stain on the very bottom part of the tank, now I am kakking myself for when i put my first few quid of fuel in....

anyway,,,

Had a good drive round in it this afternoon, interesting! she corners well, drives well and in a straight line, handbrake works, reverse is tricky? steering reminds me of a mini

my missus isnt keen; "its a bit basic" she says, bloody Rover driver!!
the dash should lights should work, on both window switches and the display for the heat, ( could just be bulbs) and thatlow fuel light usually will pop on n off just below the quarter tank, depends wether your going around a corner or not lol! just get used to it! cinqs will run till the pointer is just below the very last line, but you are pushing it very close when its down there,

centos are great! got a millions times more character than any snover! :slayer:

hmmmm,so thats why when i filled the washer bottle up i had a big puddle under my feet the next day. Why does it do that?? also the rear squirter doest work? does it run on a seperate tank??

Or if the Washers are anything like mine, the rear pump itself leaks...

By the way... FIAT only part! ;)

levimir - Welcome to Cento ownership! Make sure you have a good set of spanners! ;)

(y)

Back