Google Password checker

Currently reading:
Google Password checker

Liteboy

Had a security alert from Google today to run its password checker as one of the sites I had been logged onto could be compromised. Turns out it was Fiat forum.com, it advised a change of password which I duly did.
Just wondered if anyone else had a similar warning?

I've not had anything.
Do you use different passwords for every site you log onto? Don't answer that, but consider it.
I think Google just looks at your saved passwords on your own computer, and applies an algorithm to them to advise if it thinks it is a weak password. Of course, it is recommended to use a combination of letters, capital and lower case, and numbers, and not use obvious things like youor middle name, etc.

Could be that your original password was just a simple one, and Google had an automated hissy fit about it.

Google said the site had been subject to a data breach and to change password before continuing.
Worked in IT support for 30 years before retirement so used to having multiple complex passwords.

This is the wording it used "A data breach on a site or app exposed your password" fiat forum.com it was a unique password for the site. Interestingly it happened on my Windows PC which I rarely use to access the forum, I normally access the site via chrome on my phone and not had any warnings there. Could be a false positive as more members would have commented on it surely.

I had the same thing but I just ignore it simply because I use a different password for this forum. And I have two-way verification on.

Back