General Goodwood Breakfast Club 2nd August.

Currently reading:
General Goodwood Breakfast Club 2nd August.

I've just seen the list for this years events [here] and thought I might as well post up the date for this years soft top sunday event.

For those that missed last years rain, the thread for that is here.

Same again this year, but with some sun perhaps?

I'd recommend taking your own breakfast and a thermos of coffee! I have been going to the Goodwood breakfast for many years, and the very first time I went the full english was fantastic - a little expensive - but really scrummy.
With each year, the quantity and quality of food and service has declined, and last year the price went UP?!!!

It's a great excuse for a blast down some Sussex lanes, to meet some old and new faces, as well as scope some italian metal for free... but even by the Earl's standards, the breakfast is expensive!

Despite last year being wet, and as Lima says the breakfast poor, it has not dampened my enthusiasm so count me in. LRB: we should arrange to meet up on the way as we did last year.

Hiya Richard, how are you buddy.

Me and the B are well and enjoying Cyprus but i do miss our B get togethers. :(

Hi Kiri

All well here but the economy is really hurting. How is it on Cyprus economy wise?
Getting to use the B a lot now that the weather is a bit better and all that silly white stuff has gone. Looking forward to taking her to South of France again later in the year, we might go on to Corsica as well.

Hi Kiri

All well here but the economy is really hurting. How is it on Cyprus economy wise?
Getting to use the B a lot now that the weather is a bit better and all that silly white stuff has gone. Looking forward to taking her to South of France again later in the year, we might go on to Corsica as well.

Things were fine up onto xmas over here, good spirit and lavish decorr. but the ressesion is comming this way and people are begining to worry. If this years tourism is down, which i would expect it to be, Then yes i believe the economy will be hurt.

So come visit Cyprus too:D

What is wrong with your gearbox LRB?

I have a horrible noise coming from the drivetrain, I have changed the CV's, checked the wheel bearings, checked the callipers to make sure that they are releasing - DTR think its the diff bearing in the gearbox and want £1100-ish to fix or replace it, I am not convinced though!

"well officer, you see my gearbox only works at 7000 rpm, so I have to drive like this..." :D

I have not used that one, yet!! :D

Oh yes, assuming that LRB has not crapped its gearbox through the floor by then I am up for this again! Last year was great (if a little wet!!).

Same as last year, meet up in Farnham and picm up the stragglers along the way???? :D

Lee, sounds good to me. Should I not be nagging you about something by now??? Rich

How much!?

I have a choice, either a re-build with new bit - total for parts and labour is circa £1k or a replacement g'box with a warranty for £1.1k fitted! I am still not convinced so am waiting for it to get bad enough to actually pinpoint the problem.

Lee, sounds good to me. Should I not be nagging you about something by now??? Rich

Given the miles I am doing at the moment I am sure the odds are stacked against me so yes!!

I have a choice, either a re-build with new bit - total for parts and labour is circa £1k or a replacement g'box with a warranty for £1.1k fitted! I am still not convinced so am waiting for it to get bad enough to actually pinpoint the problem.

Why not just get one from a scrapyard?

I had thought about that but there are 2 flaws in the plan, 1 is that the g'box was only fitted to the b or HGT punto, 2 is that I could get one and it could be as shagged as the one I have fitted!!

Depending on if my contract is extended I may buy a cheap motorway barge and stick the b in the garage and send the box off for a re-cond

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back