Glopsy.JPG

Multipla Glopsy

Introduction

Here's my new Multi,pictured on the day I picked her up, resplendent in what looks like a years worth of road grime :rolleyes:

I've serviced her, fixed numerous electrical issues including getting the remote CL working again and got her through an MOT a few days ago.

Next up is a drive belt tensioner change, as mine makes a real racket, bleed the clutch to see if I can get a better pedal, change the gearbox oil and then try and find a pair of roof bars before our holiday in May :)
Talking of that exact subject - got a call from my brother in law Monday night. Nail in his tyre, went to fit spare, the wheel nut wrench was slipping on one bolt. OK I says, put it back together, meet me half way and we'll sort it out. "oh no problem i've only got to put the three bolts back in"
"what you hadn't even jacked it up!?"

So yeah I changed his wheel for him and the axle stand and trolley jack came into action (plus the spare under the sill to be triple sure).

A little knowledge can be a bad thing.

Great to see nice tyres on some multi wheels. literally every tyre i've ever seen on a 15" Multipla wheel is a ditch finder.

In my very early days of driving,when funds were even tighter than today,I would often fit the cheapest tyres I could find,but quickly learnt it's a false economy. I bought a set of 4 for a Dolomite I had once that were so cheap I should've known they'd be trouble. Sure enough,the first sign of rain and that car,even being just the 1850 variant,used to twitch its way down the road.
For the Multi the difference between the Hankooks I bought and the Ying Yang wibblepoo ones was about £15 a corner,so a no brainer for me really.

Got an annoying vibration from the front drivers door speaker this week and when I pulled the grill off for a look it appears that the foam around the cone had crumbled.
If anyone has a speaker for sale,let me know.

If it’s the same as a 2013 Punto (quite possibly by the looks) you can have my old ones for price of postage, I can send some pictures?

Many thanks Didge, that's a very kind and generous offer, which I'll happily accept.
Just let me know the cost of postage and packaging and how you'd like the payment made to you.
Cheers,Malc.

I made some for my speakers from foam bought at the craft shop on Bentley Bridge, I later found that I had blown one so had to get spares - the 5x7's are very common to a lot of vehicles.

Ain't started on my Bug's 'to do list' yet, bin a bit bizzy, also now got Georgina a little Matiz to get some driving time in before she gets her hands on wifey's 'Note'

I did offer her my Bug, but she graciously declined (she's 18 in October and apparently a Bug isn't the 'go to' vehicle for the upwardly mobile). :confused:

Don't understand the youth of today, my first car cost me Dad £3. 10s. 0. and was a 1934 Ford 8 Deluxe (Deluxe because it had a starter and a petrol gauge - a glass tubular thing) it was 800cc of raging road monster (Ah, happy dayz)

Last edited:
Many thanks Didge, that's a very kind and generous offer, which I'll happily accept.
Just let me know the cost of postage and packaging and how you'd like the payment made to you.
Cheers,Malc.
I've dug them out of the loft and I'm pretty certain the speaker is the same but the surround mounting appears to be different, it could be possible to separate the driver from the mounting and swap them over? Let me know if it looks possible on your broken one, if so I will PM you.

I've dug them out of the loft and I'm pretty certain the speaker is the same but the surround mounting appears to be different, it could be possible to separate the driver from the mounting and swap them over? Let me know if it looks possible on your broken one, if so I will PM you.
Hi Didge, unfortunately they look pretty much sealed together on my ones and I'm not confident I could separate the driver from the mount without damaging them
I really appreciate you digging yours out though.Cheers.

Well,it had to happen eventually..... Glopsy left me stranded last night.
After getting back into it The gear lever went sloppy and she was stuck in reverse and having looked under the gaiter it would appear that the cable arm has snapped off of the shaft.
I'll go back later today and see if I can bodge the arm back on temporarily with a jubilee clip to just get her home.

Glopsy's windscreen washers have decided to stop working today. The headlight washers operate ok,so I'm assuming the stalk/ relay is fine which points to the pump being the issue. Is the screen pump on a different fuse to the headlight one?

Back