Glopsy.JPG

Multipla Glopsy

Introduction

Here's my new Multi,pictured on the day I picked her up, resplendent in what looks like a years worth of road grime :rolleyes:

I've serviced her, fixed numerous electrical issues including getting the remote CL working again and got her through an MOT a few days ago.

Next up is a drive belt tensioner change, as mine makes a real racket, bleed the clutch to see if I can get a better pedal, change the gearbox oil and then try and find a pair of roof bars before our holiday in May :)
BIG thanks to WMF, just ordered a pair, save me listening to a metallic drum solo everytime I go out.
It'll be strange to have it 'knockless' again.
Only got to find the courage to stop this infernal squeaking from the fan belt now - it's not the pulley - it only needs a light spray of water and it runs nice and quiet - till it dries out!
Then it's back to sqealin again.

Don't ya jus luv the bug? Always somethin new to listen to.

Cheers
George

My drive belt is exactly the same, squeaks at low revs/idle but spray of water and it stops, pulley looks ok, previous pulley welded solid but no squeaking!! already had a new tensioner sp was going to try a belt next, believe alternator pulley clutch seized but can't see that making it squeak. Do engine mounts harden up as it all seems a bit harsh?

All seems to sit fairly central, the squeak is turning into more of a dull hollow noise, I think the air con compressor seems slightly noisy no change whether air is on or off so I suppose that eliminates the pulley bearings on idle? Whole lot seems to shudder as cooling fan cuts in and out with air con on, down to extra load on alternator I assume. Engine seems to 'hunt' slightly on idle.

Going to swap belt as I have one and see what happens

Had chance to eyeball the belt today - yikes! - it has cracked longitudinally, but, strangely, it has quietened it down a lot. This is weird, cos the last belt split into 3 parts (like 3 separate belts) but that too ran quieter after, with no loss of power from the alternator or any other obvious problems, I decided to do a belt, idler and jockey change and after 2hrs it was squeaking again! There was nothing wrong with the idler or jockey wheels, no slop or slack, everything felt good and smooth. I just don't know how to read it, anybody got any input?
Cheers
George

Bearings done this morning. No real problems but my rattle gun came in handy.As you can see there was almost nothing left of the inner one!

Attachments

• IMG_20190521_100746157.jpg
    IMG_20190521_100746157.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 81
Took Glopsy for a slightly longer test drive today and she certainly drives better now both rear wheels have the same camber.Next job is the nsf drop link,which was an advisory on last months MOT.?

Managed to get an hour or so to sort out Glopsy's clonking front end this afternoon. NSF drop link,old one was predictably a sod to remove as it appeared to have been manufactured out of cheese,but the new Meyle HD one should fare a bit better.

Attachments

• IMG_20191230_140811791.jpg
    IMG_20191230_140811791.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 75
Back