Technical getting slightly fed up

Currently reading:
Technical getting slightly fed up

knocker

right, having changed the throttle body on my bravo 100 16v trofeo (mk2 throttle body with built in sensors :( ) i now have no juddering on acceleration but the hunting on tickover is still there :mad: this is what it's doing

on start up from cold, there is a hesitation on the accelerator but tickover is fine (around 1300 rpm) the engine is up to normal temp very quickly, less than 5 minutes (is this normal ?) once warm, the tickover drops to around 800-900, and will happily sit there for ages, however, when i drive a couple of miles and stop at a junction, the tickover goes from 1500ish down to 400ish and back up then down again etc, i drive another 5 or 6 miles and when i pull up at the next junction/island the engine just cuts out, it starts again with no problems and carries on hunting up and down or cutting out, but !..... on parking up at the post office this afternoon, it refused to start on my return to the car (around 5 minutes) much swearing and wire wiggling had no effect, after turning the engine over for quite a while it started and was hunting on tickover straight away

any help would be appreciated, i'm thinking lamda sensor and/or crank sensor (which i am about to buy of a forum member hopefully) the disappointing thing is that it has the mk2 throttle body so i have to change the lot rather than just the sensors :( i can only assume that the replacement i have fitted is ok

please help me, the lads at work are taking the pi$$ and sticking ford pictures on my locker :(

you're correct, the crank sensor and lambda sensor are the most likely suspects. i would try replacing them both, although a quick emissions test could save you replacing a working lambda.

Back