General Gearbox

Currently reading:
General Gearbox

Amanda dawn

I have a semi auto fiat qubo, flashed up on dash saying use less gear change,took Garage they said relay in gearbox and robotic arm making oil pump overheat,have car serviced every year,and I know not checked oil in box could it be low oil in gearbox,was told could sort
cost up to £1500 to sort

Last edited:
Usual reason for overheating pump (and melted relay) is failed accumulator.
Pump runs almost constantly, stressing both the pump and the relay. Replacing pump and/or relay with a failed accumulator will result in another failed pump (and/or relay), so important to rule it out first.

The Duologic gearchange systems are quite complicated.. who performed this diagnosis ?

Hi :)

The Duologic gearchange systems are quite complicated.. who performed this diagnosis ?
it was my garage I usually use,I'm not sure if is gearbox,come up on dash also said put in N to reset ,which was fine for bout 5 minutes,also garage admitted never checked oil in box as it bout a hour job

Hi :)

The mechanism itself is actually quite simple, and the electronic controls are virtually bulletproof. The biggest problems are in finding someone who actually understands how they work AND is willing to work on them at a reasonable price.
Oh.... and finding replacement seals when they are needed.

Pump runs almost constantly, stressing both the pump and the relay. Replacing pump and/or relay with a failed accumulator will result in another failed pump (a

Pump runs almost constantly, stressing both the pump and the relay. Replacing pump and/or relay with a failed accumulator will result in another failed pump (and/or relay), so important to rule it out first.
unfortunately garage seems to think it not easy to sort but will speak to them tomorrow and thank you

The mechanism itself is actually quite simple, and the electronic controls are virtually bulletproof. The biggest problems are in finding someone who actually understands how they work AND is willing to work on them at a reasonable price.
Oh.... and finding replacement seals when they are needed.
thank you,will speak to garage tomorrow,they did say to me it's a case of making everything work together cos it a manual gearbox with semi auto

Well .. thats 1 thing they know then.. :)

Did you post elsewhere saying you have other electrical problems?
Not really I replied to someone who had trouble,cos I need a new Bluetooth module,my not worked for over 12 months and new one £500

Not really I replied to someone who had trouble,cos I need a new Bluetooth module,my not worked for over 12 months and new one £500
Hi just to let you know I asked garage to check oil level and it was very low,topped up and they took car for test drive and no warning lights,seems fine,I said surely when you service my car which is every year,I do over 12000 per year as community carer you do check,they said it not easy to get to,won't be using them again,they could have cost me a lot of money

Hi just to let you know I asked garage to check oil level and it was very low,topped up and they took car for test drive and no warning lights,seems fine,I said surely when you service my car which is every year,I do over 12000 per year as community carer you do check,they said it not easy to get to,won't be using them again,they could have cost me a lot of money
Good idea not to use them again, any garage who doesn't check an oil level because it's "not easy to get to" should be avoided. Glad it got sorted, could have been expensive.

Back