Technical Gearbox problem(not sure though)

Currently reading:
Technical Gearbox problem(not sure though)

mtrixfroml

hello all... after a few years of my tipo standing outside and doing nothing i thought id give it a go and turn it on...

so everything seemd ok, all doors opened, i hooked up the battery, sat down and when i thought i shift to neutral gear the problem came... as it would not shift to neutral... it feels like semi-automatic(lol), i press clutch then shift to neutral, release clutch and still it goes back to 1st gear, but i thought i turn it on no matter what, so it turned on(with clutch pressed)

it rides ok, all gears would shift ok but it would not shift to neutral, any ideas what this can be? before i left it there it was all ok... should i just change my gearbox?

you mean those long metal things that go before the box?

Yeah, the rods which move when you are moving the stick in your cab. I have never personally encountered this problem (actually, my 1992 Tipo 1,4 is very boring car - it requires no major repairs and runs a treat), but a member of local forum reported this problem and then came back with the information that a good splash of a penetrating oil into the joints did the trick.

Last edited:
Back