Technical Gearbox drive shaft oil seal kits

Currently reading:
Technical Gearbox drive shaft oil seal kits

photo look like remains of inner section of bearing as you can see the marks left by rotation of bearing .
fiat sent me a photo of shaft useless lol.

picture 3 looks like damage to the outer section to tap off from shaft ok
picture 4 i have put that bearing on with a ring spanner on shaft and tubed bar with small side facing in towards gearbox.
are pics 4 and 6 same bearing top and bottom,

boot has me curious also as whats in it>

Last edited:
Hi,In the diagram you posted No 1 corresponds to the raised part on the short shaft....The old bearing came off intact from this and in side there is a raised area that enabled the bearing to fit over...I will send you a close up of the inside....I have made a tool up from pipe that fits snug over the shaft to drive it on gently...The boot has the new bearing in it to show how it fits neatly metal side out which is the same way as the one the other garage fitted.....Are you able to upload the pictures I sent you on here as I can only seem to be able to upload to email and everytime I try on here it fails...Can anyone else help us with which way round these new design bearings should be fitted as we are getting no answers from Fiat so far ?

boot and bearing issue.

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Picture 1-001.jpg
    Picture 1-001.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Picture 1-01.jpg
    Picture 1-01.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 17
  • Picture 4.jpg
    Picture 4.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Picture 5.jpg
    Picture 5.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Picture 6.jpg
    Picture 6.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
this was the bearing that last garage fitted,i think it is the wrong way around and too far up the shaft,also on previous pics it shows what looks like to me remains of old bearing which needs confirmation on removal.

Attachments

• Picture 7.jpg
    Picture 7.jpg
    515.5 KB · Views: 17
Thanks for uploading the pictures I sent you....I contacted Fiat UK for a confirmation but they have just emailed me back telling me to contact a local dealer as they do not know which way round it goes....So I just emailed Fiat UK back telling them that I have already contacted local dealers who did not know and also talked to people on here.I said that there must be someone at Fiat UK that could give Technical advice and a definite answer and I await their response...At least the customer care team at Fiat UK were polite enough to respond.

The response from Fiat UK was to contact a local dealer....all local dealers I have contacted have advised me to contact Fiat direct as they do not know 100% which way round the new design bearing should be fitted..Some say they have fitted them the same way as the old ones...some say the other way round.....Round n round in circles...Does anyone have a definite answer as I want to get the bearings on and van back on the road soon...Thanks

I fitted the new design bearings the same way round as the old design after I cut the bearing that was fitted before in half to see how it worked...from the set up of the rubber seal and bearing it looks right...so far no oil leaks....the bearing that had been replaced before was too far down the drive shaft.And I removed the raised shim on the short shaft.

Back