Technical Gear cables snapped! Where to get spare parts

Currently reading:
Technical Gear cables snapped! Where to get spare parts

Simmo69

Hi guys,

I’m new to this so not sure how often people respond on here but I am in need of help sourcing parts for my 2008 Grande Punto 1.4 Tjet. It’s recently done 100k and one of the gear linkage cables snapped (forward motion), I’ve had it taken to a dealers where he is charging me 430 quid (it is what it is :( ). But that’s only for 1 cable so I wanted to change the other cable (side motion) myself as I can see it’s not too difficult, the only problem is I can’t seem to find anywhere that does them? Are they standard across the grande Punto 2008 range or would it be specific to my model? Please help!!!

Thanks for you help, the engineer told me that he tried 4 other aftermarket dealers to get this part but they didn’t fit so he had to go to a dealer and got told fiat don’t make this part anymore, seems to be a rare part! Is the cable part not a generic part for the Grande Punto? Or is it specific to my car as it’s a Tjet maybe?

I will try these sites though thanks.

So I’ve been on Autodoc and I’m getting abit confused by how many different options there are?? And the prices seem way too cheap. Would these ‘Ridex’ brand fit my car?

So I’ve been on Autodoc and I’m getting abit confused by how many different options there are?? And the prices seem way too cheap. Would these ‘Ridex’ brand fit my car?
There are probably only one or two manufacturers of these cables, so they'll all likely be the same in different branded packaging.
We cannot advise the correct ones, you haev to do that work. Each brand will list things slightly differently, so its a case of looking at the information given, especially any dimensions, or other decriptions. ePER, at the top of this page may give you an OE number, and Autodoc will show cross references.

Yeah thanks bud I’ve been looking at the diagrams and finding part numbers and I think I’ve found ones that fit!! Well Autodoc seems to say it’ll fit my car, guess I’ll have to bite the bullet and find out, a lot cheaper than getting it from supplier lol

Back