Currently reading:
GAP insurance questions

mad saint uden

hello,

so GAP. lets assume I do want it.

has anyone used gapinsurance123?
or directgap?

who would you suggest?

my requirements are 5 year and installments to pay.

thank you

Hiya, I picked up by 500 in March and my friend had told me about Gap Insurance as she had been in an accident and was left in a bit of a sticky situation. I rang around a few, to be honest I thought that one was quite rude and didn't even ask me what I wanted he just assumed (I will not name any names) but after a couple I rang Gapinsurance123 and I have to say they were fantastic. The policy itself was the cheapest I had found and the lady on the phone were so polite and helpful and was genuinely interested in what car I had etc (nobody else asked, they just wanted the business). I am fully protected for 5 years now and I picked a claim limit that suited me (I was unsure to what this was, nobody else even mentioned it, they assumed once again, so be careful as they could choose something insufficient which could still leave you out of pocket). The lady I spoke to fully explained what a claim limit was and I picked one that would stand up, no matter how much my car depreciates. I was very happy, documents were e-mailed straight over and another hard copy received in the post. Just wanted to post as I felt these guys needed to be commended. Also, my sister rang up and said I had recommended her and received a £10 reduction, very helpful company. Very pleased!

We have a 3 year product which is extremely competitive and you'll be able to renew it for another 3 years when it expires as long as the vehicle is less than 8 years old now (and before going for a further 3 year renewal (and has done less than 80,000 miles).

Thinking of buying GAP for the 500L.

So I guess what I want is deferred gap insurance that some offer. Can the Chris Knott policy be deferred?

I.E. You buy your return to invoice gap insurance whilst the car is less than 90 days old, but your cover starts after 12 months. That way you are not covered twice, once by your comprehensive car insurance and once by your GAP insurance and you still get return to invoice in 2nd, 3rd and 4th years of ownership instead of return to valuation that you'd get if buying the policy after 12 months.

Easygap, directgap, car2cover and gapinsurance123 for example offer this.

Last edited:
Monthly is a bit pricey. Also more than 3 years is pricey (~+50%?!) as payout would be higher, though it is very nice to be covered in the 5 th year of ownership. I can see why monthly might be cool for >3 years. Hmmm, will look at 4 years now ;)

Don't forget helpucover offer £24 Quidco and they do monthly.

I think I might go with car2cover, around £10 more than for me (£110 vs. £100 for return to invoice 3 years, ~£10k cover) than others but includes free policy for the remaining period when the policy is cancelled in the event of a claim. They will also defer it for free, it's pointless being covered in the first 12 months if your car insurance offers new for old.

Last edited:
Last edited:
indeed, i have phoned & they are the ones offering monthly for 4 years...the ones they have on the phone are pay monthly BUT have different T&C & prices to online....

Thinking of buying GAP for the 500L.

So I guess what I want is deferred gap insurance that some offer. Can the Chris Knott policy be deferred?

I.E. You buy your return to invoice gap insurance whilst the car is less than 90 days old, but your cover starts after 12 months. That way you are not covered twice, once by your comprehensive car insurance and once by your GAP insurance and you still get return to invoice in 2nd, 3rd and 4th years of ownership instead of return to valuation that you'd get if buying the policy after 12 months.

Easygap, directgap, car2cover and gapinsurance123 for example offer this.

We don't offer the deferred option at the moment but it is something I've asked our chaps to have a look at and bring up with the providers as a possible enhancement. Good luck with your search.

Back