Technical Fuel tank breather pipe

Currently reading:
Technical Fuel tank breather pipe

ratbag

The breather pipe attached to the fuel filler neck pipe is split.anyone know if it available separately or is it part of the whole filler pipe assembly?? (T-Jet)

Attachments

• punto breather.jpg
    punto breather.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 673
sorry 2009 Punto T-Jet. I have now beenn told by main dealer that pipe is not available and I have to buy a whole new tank assy. £750! Crazy

Here's the parts view from ePer

Yours is probably the 2nd one, the other (with more piping) being for Methane adapted cars …

I'd print it and show to the dealer ;-)

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You fix -or better, understand- your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)

Attachments

• Fuel filling Pipe.JPG
    Fuel filling Pipe.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 239
  • Fuel Filling Pipe 2.JPG
    Fuel Filling Pipe 2.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 201
Are you sure that is the issue? how can you tell?

That part shouldn't have fuel in it...ever.

Why can't you just get some fuel safe hose and replace it with that?

When you fill the tank right up, fuel does get into the breather hose and because the split is low down fuel leaks out until the tank level has dropped.
Fiat confirm the breather hose is NOT available separately from a new fuel tank...see EPER diag- no part number! good idea on fuelsafe hose..

Attachments

• punto tank.png
    punto tank.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 446
There is indeed no part # for this pipe :-(

Anyway there should not be any leak unless you fill-up the filler pipe too, since the breather is connected to the top of the tank …
And BTW it's not mandatory to fill the tank to the throat, it even improves mpg to half fill it (less weight), assuming the fuel station is on your usual itinary …

Like Aurick said, why can't you use fuel grade replacement pipe ?

BRs, Bernie

If someone here helped You fix -or better, understand- your issue, hit the thanks icon @ bottom right corner, it's free and makes us feel helpy ;-)

There is indeed no part # for this pipe :-(

Anyway there should not be any leak unless you fill-up the filler pipe too, since the breather is connected to the top of the tank …
And BTW it's not mandatory to fill the tank to the throat, it even improves mpg to half fill it (less weight), assuming the fuel station is on your usual itinary …

Like Aurick said, why can't you use fuel grade replacement pipe ?

BRs, Bernie

If you can find the split I'd sleeve it with a section of rubber fuel pipe and some hose clips

Back