Technical Grande Punto 07 - looking for OEM rear brake pipe clips...

Currently reading:
Technical Grande Punto 07 - looking for OEM rear brake pipe clips...

Nescient

Hello all,

Anybody know where I can get OEM brake pipe clips for a Punto Grande? (I'm in West Yorkshire and (MOT) time is pressing.)

The ones I'm after clip onto plastic mushrooms on the petrol tank, and look like they're make out of squashed white Fettuccine!

I found a thread about this from 2017, but the link it gave - https://www.fiatdalys.lt/en/catalog/parts/331/36/0/1/2Y/0/0/M4/0/GD/braking-system-fixings - can't be reached.

I'll look into it, but in the meantime if anyone knows of a supplier, please let me know. :)

Hello all,

Anybody know where I can get OEM brake pipe clips for a Punto Grande? (I'm in West Yorkshire and (MOT) time is pressing.)

The ones I'm after clip onto plastic mushrooms on the petrol tank, and look like they're make out of squashed white Fettuccine!

I found a thread about this from 2017, but the link it gave - https://www.fiatdalys.lt/en/catalog/parts/331/36/0/1/2Y/0/0/M4/0/GD/braking-system-fixings - can't be reached.

I'll look into it, but in the meantime if anyone knows of a supplier, please let me know. :)

Hi, 🙂

Fiatdalys folded..

But the forum now has up to date ePER access 👍
Try and find the corresponding part number,

Shop4parts are pretty local to you so worth a call, sell good FIAT service parts, 😊
but minor trim could be too much..?

You might need to contact Partsworld for GENUINE FIAT, if it comes to it

Hi, 🙂

Fiatdalys folded..

But the forum now has up to date ePER access 👍
Try and find the corresponding part number,

Shop4parts are pretty local to you so worth a call, sell good FIAT service parts, 😊
but minor trim could be too much..?

You might need to contact Partsworld for GENUINE FIAT, if it comes to it
Hi back and thanks for the heads up(s). :) I had a feeling fiatdalys was kaput.

As it turned out I got some assorted pipe clips from a local scrappy and made my own carrier brackets (which I bolted to the body). I didn't like the idea of brake pipes being fixed to a plastic petrol tank in any case. :rolleyes:

In case you haven't found it, this is the equivalent link to the one you posted. Hope it helps and good luck with the MOT
Hi, and thank you too. :)

That link and ePER are eye-openers! Now I just have to figure out how to use ePER. Haha! (I've had a tortuous month trying to explain to local motor factors which bits of my 07 GP have fallen off or rusted away, and my rear trailing arm bush replacement for the MOT has turned into a £200 suspension and brake overhaul (£260 with a few brake flaring tools) which has doubled the value of the car. :p

A little FYI for your and varesecrazy's help...

As usual with rusty undercarriages, I'm enjoying fighting with the bleed screws on the front calipers. (The first came out after filing down the rusted hex and hammering a 9/32" socket onto it. The n/s one's tomorrow, and I'm now trying to source some new ones (7mm x 1.0, despite the Internet - and some forum users - claiming they're M10).

While I'm here, I have to say that the original brake pipes on my car (plastic coated steel, I've gathered) have survived incredibly well for 17 years, and it was only because of corrosion of the flare nuts on the rear 'axle' that I part-replaced some piping with cunifer. [Heads-up for anyone querying whether GP brake pipe fittings are DIN or SAE - on mine they're DIN; but research told me that the two are pretty much compatible - especially with cunifer. I therefore bought an SAE pipe flaring tool (the Thor's Hammer shaped one, since I had some flares to do in-situ, and it was easier to source. I am SOOO glad I bought it!). :geek:

Attachments

• Pipe flares.jpg
    Pipe flares.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 11
  • post-5762-0-14684400-1530284557.jpg
    post-5762-0-14684400-1530284557.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Hi, and thank you too. :)

That link and ePER are eye-openers! Now I just have to figure out how to use ePER. Haha! (I've had a tortuous month trying to explain to local motor factors which bits of my 07 GP have fallen off or rusted away, and my rear trailing arm bush replacement for the MOT has turned into a £200 suspension and brake overhaul (£260 with a few brake flaring tools) which has doubled the value of the car. :p

A little FYI for your and varesecrazy's help...

As usual with rusty undercarriages, I'm enjoying fighting with the bleed screws on the front calipers. (The first came out after filing down the rusted hex and hammering a 9/32" socket onto it. The n/s one's tomorrow, and I'm now trying to source some new ones (7mm x 1.0, despite the Internet - and some forum users - claiming they're M10).

While I'm here, I have to say that the original brake pipes on my car (plastic coated steel, I've gathered) have survived incredibly well for 17 years, and it was only because of corrosion of the flare nuts on the rear 'axle' that I part-replaced some piping with cunifer. [Heads-up for anyone querying whether GP brake pipe fittings are DIN or SAE - on mine they're DIN; but research told me that the two are pretty much compatible - especially with cunifer. I therefore bought an SAE pipe flaring tool (the Thor's Hammer shaped one, since I had some flares to do in-situ, and it was easier to source. I am SOOO glad I bought it!). :geek:
Update on bleed screw dimensions...

The rear (cylinders) take M7 x 1.0 screws. The front (calipers) are NOT M7 - they appear to be M8. I'll confirm this when I've time, but M7 they definitely are not.

Also, the rear screw 'nut' section is a weird size (i.e. across the flats). I bought two Volkswagen M7 bleed screws in the hope they would fit - and they do, but their nut has a slightly larger AF than that of the original screws, and the hex 'corners' snag on the back plate when tightened. It's thus very awkward to get a spanner or a socket on them when they're fully home (so I re-used the originals and kept these as emergency spares). I conclude that the rear screws are smaller than those at the front because of the cylinder design, and that they have such a small AF (approx. 7mm/ 9/32") on account of the backplate aperture being so small. Design issues.

So's you know. ;)

Last edited:
Back