Technical Fuel system (filters, etc)

Currently reading:
Technical Fuel system (filters, etc)

Well...no. It's a mystery, but I've added the condenser to the list...is this something to upgrade or just replace when I do?
I would reccomend it as an 'up-grade'. As I have mentioned before, the advantage of the 'Swiftune' condenser is that it does not bolt onto the side of the distibutor---it has long 'feed'and 'earth' wires, enabling you to mount it up by the coil and out of the heat from the engine's "cooling" air, which can be very close (or even exceed) 100Deg C---the temperature where condensers start to wilt.

Mine was doing that when the 123ignition started dying. After heat killed a Pertronix (magnet) setup, I went back to points + swiftune and no issues since (tocca ferro).

I would reccomend it as an 'up-grade'. As I have mentioned before, the advantage of the 'Swiftune' condenser is that it does not bolt onto the side of the distibutor---it has long 'feed'and 'earth' wires, enabling you to mount it up by the coil and out of the heat from the engine's "cooling" air, which can be very close (or even exceed) 100Deg C---the temperature where condensers start to wilt.
Can someone share pictures of the swiftune vs stock? I'm still learning the ins and outs of the 500.

This is my Swiftune condenser, mounted to the right of the coil.
IMG_6354.JPG

And once again we went on a ride, barely made it two blocks before it started bucking and sputtering. Had to shut it down and restart to make it stop.

Back