General fuel pump problem? need help asap :(

Currently reading:
General fuel pump problem? need help asap :(

666junky

My seicento sporting has just packed up gracefully on a busy roundabout :(

No fuel is reaching the carb so i followed it back to the tank. Relay is working and clicks so it must be the pump. It clunks rather than makes the priming noise so again.. must be the pump!

Taken it out of the under-seat hatch and stuff and tested it.. The motor unit gets mega hot stupidly quick and its not pumping anything.. Ding ding! thats the problem!

Well, thats not my problem, its finding a replacement that is killing me! Where on earth can i find the exact pump unit? all the ones ive found at scrap yards have the fuel in, fuel out thing and a middle port for the sensor.. Mine is the single petrol connection and a sideways facing sensor with the round plastic moulding at the top.
Found another sporting and that also had the wrong pump.. do i just have a special car or something? its really annoying!!
for reference my reg starts Y851
I need this sorting asap as i might have a new job soon :(

I found a complete unit at a breakers yard, aparently they were made for the later of the sportings.. No idea why but its all fitted now.. Problem is it whirrs really loudly.. :( is there a fix for that?

(i will get photos of the "new type" pump i have fitted)

Back