General Fuel problems continue

Currently reading:
General Fuel problems continue

rab10000

as in my previous post i have a fuel leak somewhere which i cant seem to find. searched all weekendfor over 6 hours but cannot seem to find the leak anywhere.

took car to a local garage today and he charged me the sum of £25 this morning to tell me that he doesnt know where the leaks coming from and that if i want him to look and fix the car he would charge me £25 quid for each hour he works on the car.

so im still stuck with a fuel leak and will prob have to take more time off work which i cant afford to do till i manage to work out where the leaks coming from

does anyone have any idea at all where to look for the leak

hello

yeah took plastic cover off engine. followed all pipes that come from the fuel filter along top and rear of engine,

tried looking with the engine running as well but i cant see/find or feel a wet patch that would indicate where the leaks coming from but when u look under the car u can see a steady stream of diesel leakin out so was wondering if there is anywhere at the bottom rear of the engine that could be causing a leak

maybe a corroded or cracked fuel line or hopefully a gasket seal perished or something but im completely stumped here

hello

after visiting 3 dif garages and being releived of £65 quid no garage could find the diesel leak 2 of the garages say my only real option is to leave car with them and they will strip the engine down but lookin at a bill of approx 200 quid just to tell me whats wrong.

surely there must be some way of diagnosing where the leaks coming from
surely someone here can help

Did you find the leak in the end, mine is leaking, but not all the time. when i go to work i go up a sharp ramp, and at the fuel pi44es out. its around the pump, and i think on the end of the pump it has a small black circular valve of sensor ? seem to be from under that ?

but when i get the car home after a steam clean te bloody thing doesnot leak.

anyone ?

Back