Technical Fuel Pressure Regulator

Currently reading:
Technical Fuel Pressure Regulator

autolycus

Hi
I have a problem with my Multipla (Reg LS07PVK). The engine warning light occasionally comes on a message appears saying Engine Control Faulty Contact Garage, and the vehicle slows to a halt (sometimes it lets me carry on driving - slowly). After leaving it alone a couple of days the light no longer appears and the car drives OK.

The first time it happened a mechanic ran a diagnostic and said the Fuel Pressure Regulator was faulty. I have taken it to several garages and no-one can fix it. The last garage ran tests on common rail injector - They said and I quote the invoice "Error code present for pressure drop. Injectors removed and tested. No fault found. Injectors refitted to engine" They said it was too difficult to get to the Fuel Pressure Regulator if it did need replacing.

Any advice.? But bear in my mind I am not technically minded so can't fix this myself. If it can't be fixed I presume I just have to scrap it. It runs well apart from this problem.

I have tried adding Archoil AR6400-D MAX Professional Diesel Engine, Turbo, DPF & CAT Cleaner Concentrate tp the fuel tank and I think this resolves the problem for a while.

Chris

Hi, I Believe the fuel pressure regulator is located on the end of the high pressure fuel pump at the rear of the engine and driven by the cambelt, its only held on by two screws and has one electrical plug, I swapped mine once in position, new ones where pretty expensive so I got a second hand pump and used the one off that.

Hi, I Believe the fuel pressure regulator is located on the end of the high pressure fuel pump at the rear of the engine and driven by the cambelt, its only held on by two screws and has one electrical plug, I swapped mine once in position, new ones where pretty expensive so I got a second hand pump and used the one off that.
Thanks for that. What you describe sounds relatively simple, for someone who knows what they are doing (which I do not pretend to be!) so I am perplexd that every garage I have taken the car to is reluctant to actually do the work! Am I missing something?

In some places, there are people that fix the broken diesel high pressure fuel pumps and they do it well. If you find someone nearby, you could take yours to them to be fixed.

In some places, there are people that fix the broken diesel high pressure fuel pumps and they do it well. If you find someone nearby, you could take yours to them to be fixed.
Good to hear....does anyone know of such a garage in the North East Wales are! I have drawn a blank so far

Back