General 1.9 JTD COLD START PROBLEM

Currently reading:
General 1.9 JTD COLD START PROBLEM

Bevilboy

Hi ,I have a cold start problem with my 2007 JTD . It needs at least 10 attempts to get it to fire up from cold .The engine turns but struggles to fire up and clanks as if it has air in it . The battery and starter motor are operating as they should ( new battery) . Once the engine does fire up it soon picks up but the engine management light comes on together with " contact Garage " CTLE ( or similar ) appearing .
When this happened yesterday I removed the neg from the battery and cleaned all the relay and fuse spades contained in the under bonnet box .When I reconnected it fired up first time with no faults shown .It started perfectly 3-4 times through the day yesterday .This morning it was back to not starting with faults displayed once running again .The car runs perfectly on the road once running and I am told the glow plugs , regulator box and crank sensor have all been checked for correct operation .The injectors have just been replaced with rebuilds, coded in and the pressure set on the scanner .Any ideas would be much appreciated .Thanks

Ours did that the other day, my wife said the engine was clanking. It got better as the engine got warmer.
Dont know anything until someone tells us?

Hi ,I have a cold start problem with my 2007 JTD . It needs at least 10 attempts to get it to fire up from cold .The engine turns but struggles to fire up and clanks as if it has air in it . The battery and starter motor are operating as they should ( new battery) . Once the engine does fire up it soon picks up but the engine management light comes on together with " contact Garage " CTLE ( or similar ) appearing .
When this happened yesterday I removed the neg from the battery and cleaned all the relay and fuse spades contained in the under bonnet box .When I reconnected it fired up first time with no faults shown .It started perfectly 3-4 times through the day yesterday .This morning it was back to not starting with faults displayed once running again .The car runs perfectly on the road once running and I am told the glow plugs , regulator box and crank sensor have all been checked for correct operation .The injectors have just been replaced with rebuilds, coded in and the pressure set on the scanner .Any ideas would be much appreciated .Thanks

Long time ago..
Did you figure this out..?

Nope not yet.
We have had a problem a couple of times after torrential rain, the dash instruments stopped working until the heater got everything warm.
Never found out why.

Back