Technical Fuel pressure regulator?

Currently reading:
Technical Fuel pressure regulator?

AndyRKett

Distinguished member
I want to get my little Mk1 running its best, does anyone know the pressure rating of the fuel pressure regulator, I noticed the little screen/filter on mine was broken so seems sensible to get a new one?

I am going to also change the O2 sensor as well which I presume is just a standard 4 wire narrow band? I do need to sort out the exhaust as while I have fixed a leak at the manifold the manifold to down pipe joint had cracked and is now leaking a lot of exhaust gases which will not help the O2 sensor know what is going on.

I want to get my little Mk1 running its best, does anyone know the pressure rating of the fuel pressure regulator, I noticed the little screen/filter on mine was broken so seems sensible to get a new one?

I am going to also change the O2 sensor as well which I presume is just a standard 4 wire narrow band? I do need to sort out the exhaust as while I have fixed a leak at the manifold the manifold to down pipe joint had cracked and is now leaking a lot of exhaust gases which will not help the O2 sensor know what is going on.
Sorry I have forgotten what spec. yours is. If you look at the bottom of the page on left it appears they are all 3.5 Bar.

Attachments

• DSCF1249.JPG
    DSCF1249.JPG
    467.2 KB · Views: 17
which engine? SPI models (55 and 60) have a low fuel pressure of around 1 bar, MPI models (75, 85 and 90) have a more standard pressure of cca 3 bars. The regulators are not the same

which engine? SPI models (55 and 60) have a low fuel pressure of around 1 bar, MPI models (75, 85 and 90) have a more standard pressure of cca 3 bars. The regulators are not the same
As per the Book picture posted above it would be 3.5bar.

Its the 1.2 Mpi 16V 86 hp engine in a Punto Cabrio shared with the Punto Sporting.

Back