Technical Fuel cut off switch

Currently reading:
Technical Fuel cut off switch

Kestle

Hi my son went off road and now the engine fuel cut off warning is on
I have tried several threads and websites to try and find out where the physical button is to reset it.
I found a picture of it suggesting it’s near the drivers door pillar but the picture doesn’t look anything like what I can see.
I’ve read the manual and it says flick the indicator stalk up and down in sequence and that doesn’t work
Does anyone know where the button is and can they explain to me or show me a picture of where it is please?

Hi my son went off road and now the engine fuel cut off warning is on
I have tried several threads and websites to try and find out where the physical button is to reset it.
I found a picture of it suggesting it’s near the drivers door pillar but the picture doesn’t look anything like what I can see.
I’ve read the manual and it says flick the indicator stalk up and down in sequence and that doesn’t work
Does anyone know where the button is and can they explain to me or show me a picture of where it is please?
I've never had reason to go looking for the one on my son's Punto but the Haynes manual says it's "behind the driver's side lower A pillar trim panel. Should it be necessary, re-activate the switch by depressing the button on the top".

So I think if you are sitting in the driver's seat it's going to be behind the trim to the right of your lower right leg in the footwell. You're probably going to have to pull a bit of plastic trim out of the way to see it.

Good luck. do let me know how you get on in case I ever have to do this to my boy's car.

From the EVO manual:

Door unlocking in the event of an accident If the fuel cut-off system activates following an accident, the doors will be automatically unlocked to allow access to the passenger compartment and the ceiling lights will be switched on at the same time. The doors can always be opened from the inside of the car by using the appropriate controls. if no fuel leakage is found and the car is roadworthy, ensure the correct operation of the vehicle by adhering to the following instructions. The following procedure should be carried out to restore the correct operation of the vehicle: ❒ turn the ignition key to MAR; ❒ activate the right-hand indicator; ❒ deactivate the right-hand indicator; ❒ activate the left-hand indicator; ❒ deactivate the left-hand indicator; ❒ activate the right-hand indicator; ❒ deactivate the right-hand indicator; ❒ activate the left-hand indicator; ❒ deactivate the left-hand indicator; ❒ turn the key to STOP.

Same procedure can be done with MultiECUScan, and at some models (grande punto versions), there is a switch beside the glovebox (don't know if at right hand versions is still on the right).

Attachments

• page.h55.jpg
    page.h55.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 153
Yeah we have the manual and it says about doing all that sequence with the indicator but it didn’t work, and I can make out what that picture is actually showing, looks like a door card ti me but surely the switch is sat more in the main body than a door 🤷‍♂️

I'm sure it shows the left handed car glovebox. But don't bother, it does not exist on the EVO, it must have been replaced with the body computer function. Either reset it by the examiner, or the indicator procedure above. Try to hold the indicator in left or right position until the relative led on the dashboard lights up steady, then deactivate and proceed.

Hi all solution found with a special thanks to Asteris for his idea of

“Try to hold the indicator in left or right position until the relative led on the dashboard lights up steady, then deactivate and proceed.”

That did the trick, I wasn’t doing it too fast the first few times but the method that worked was because I held it on the first “right turn” for what seemed like at least 5 minutes before it seemed to light up, then I followed the rest of the sequence of doing the indicator on to right then off then left then off as previously offered in this thread and it worked, so it was always the right sequence and there is definitely no reset button, it was all to do with getting the car to accept the sequence which was by waiting for the right and left indicator led displays to light to while I was doing it.
Started straight away once I turned the key back to on again, no warning lights or message display or anything.

Thanks again

Hello I’ve got a fiat oh yo easy and fuel cut off unavailable has just come up how do I fix this

Back