Technical Fuel Cut-off not available

Currently reading:
Technical Fuel Cut-off not available

kaboussa

Please help!

I have trouble with a 2013 Qubo1.4 Petrol model.

It wont start and displays a message "Fuel cut-off not available".

Here follows the history to date:

On July 28 my wife had an accident with the car when she arrived home and drove straight into a boom. (see attached photographs). The boom penetrated the bumper and went straight through the cowling, lodging the point in between the right front wheel and the strut.
The car displayed an emergency stop message on the instrument panel (she could unfortunately not remember the message)
The physical damage seems to have been limited to a hole in the bumper a shredded plastic fender inner and the complete destruction of the air conditioning pipe.

Prior to the crash the car was fine except for an earth / negative fault on the rear right light.

I cleared all faults using my ELM327 diagnostic adapter.
After this the car ran fine for two days, including a 140 km trip that included about 20 km through a forested area over a rough gravel road.
On the way back, about 5 km from home, the car cut out with the message "high radiator fluid temperature".
I immediately checked the coolant fluid temp using the ELM327 device and also checked for damage to the cooling system. The temp was 98 deg Celsius (normal) and no coolant loss.
The coolant temp gauge became erratic, jumping between normal and over temperature. I towed the car home.
The next day I drove it again, but it cut out again after 10 km, this time displaying the message "fuel cut-off not available".
This is the current state.
Note that the message is not "fuel cut-off activated, please consult the manual" message that should occur after an accident. It seems the ecu cannot read the state of the fuel cut-off.
I have done the following:
1) Fixed bad the earth /negative connection on the light.
2) cleared all engine and other faults on the ecu
3) Searched for the fuel cut-off switch, without success

I have the following Questions:
1)Does anyone know if this car actually has an inertia fuel cut-off switch or just a relay?
2)Does anyone KNOW where this switch or relay is located? (Photograph or diagram would help a lot!)
3)Does anyone have an accurate workshop manual for this car?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Attachments

• FiatCrash1.jpg
    FiatCrash1.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 262
  • FiatCrashPic6.jpg
    FiatCrashPic6.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 68
Hi

The Qubo isnt too well documented on here..

So I would advice 'cross referencing'

With other FIATS..

I Believe the 500 has a 'virtual' cut off switch

High coolant temperature was a common error on the 199 Grande Punto..punto EVO

SEARCH on the forum will find lots of info

Good luck :) Charlie

Back