Technical front wheel

Currently reading:
Technical front wheel

gazport

hi guys can you give me with some advice i have noticed a knocking coming from the front drivers side as the wheels turn could it be bearings ,cv joint
any idears?? i have new disc and pads lower wishbone

I'm sure you can appreciate that it is rather difficult to diagnose a knocking sound over the internet:D
I would jack the car up on the side you think the noise is coming from and spin the wheel with a full lock on the steering both left and right lock. Also find your self a long prybar or similar and check the tightness of the bottom wishbone/ track rod end by levering against each other to see if there is any untoward movement. Also ckeck the integrity of the CV boot to see if it split.

thanks for your reply i have jacked up the car and spin the wheel but no sound the boot on the cv look fine as the wheels rotate there comes one konk, this is on flat ground

OK, the CV joint would only knock when the wheel was on a left or right lock so it's probably safe to discount that.You would not normally get a knock from a worn bearing, rather a whine so again, it's probably safe to discount that too. So I would be looking at the wishbone if that has recently been replaced and maybe the track rod end?

would the track end only make a knock when moved up and down ,this is only when the wheel rotates

There could be lateral movement in the track rod end. It may sound silly but have you checked the tightness of the roadwheel?:eek:

what a plonker i am, it was the plate that covers the wheel nuts
thankk to everyone who replied

Back