Technical Front Wheel Resistance???

Currently reading:
Technical Front Wheel Resistance???

Mcpanda

Had my Panda jacked for an oil change today and while it was jacked I noticed the front driver wheel turned very easily with little resistance but the passenger side was much harder to turn.
I have had an ongoing problem with the car pulling to the left and reckon this might be the cause.
Does anyone have any idea what the problem is? and what I can do to rectify it?

Had my Panda jacked for an oil change today and while it was jacked I noticed the front driver wheel turned very easily with little resistance but the passenger side was much harder to turn.
I have had an ongoing problem with the car pulling to the left and reckon this might be the cause.
Does anyone have any idea what the problem is? and what I can do to rectify it?

hi , these are the likely candidates ( in order)

binding brake - sticky caliper is favourite
wheel bearing
CV joint

I would do an easy route of approx 5 miles preferably where you don't use the brakes much,
then try and stop on a good straight road ( layby ideally) ,
use the gears + handbrake to actually stop ( coast to a stop) ,
then feel the leftwheel compared to right wheel ( front obviously)
then hubs , then drive shafts , anything significantly warmer / HOTTER will stand out ,
be careful obviousy ,
let us know waht you find,
Charlie

And if you figure it out, please let us know, mine has steadily pulled to the N/S from a few months old, cheefully scrubbing away that tyre over and over - 27000 odd miles and on about the third or fourth rotten tyre! Fiat looked, indie crawled over it, tracking done four times, new brakes, nothing, it's fine for a few weeks and then it pulls! Good luck with it.

Okay took it for a run and pulled up nice and gently, nowhere hotter than anywhere else, all seemed fine.

Back