Styling Front Tinted windows 100HP

Currently reading:
Styling Front Tinted windows 100HP

Surely any tint on the front side windows can only increase the chance of that "sorry I didn't see the bike officer" moment? Not to mention poorly lit push bikes and pedestrians at night?

You're quite right, but "increasing the chance" could be said of driving 1 mph above the speed limit. It's all about risk management and my experience of light tints on the Scooby and the Panda is insignificant reduction in available vision and I would have happily done the fronts of the Panda but I didn't want the hassle of being pulled and wasting money having to scrap it. :D

Ironically, wearing sunglasses while driving will restrict your visibility more than light tints (and affects your forward vision too) and yet that is still legal..... for now anyway! :rolleyes:

Chris

yes here we have another classic case , look at my car[ piccy]...& then dont like the negative feedback:confused:...now dont get me wrong , i,m not having a pop here at all, but you have to take all comments on board :D
facts are facts , illegal tinting of front windows will soon get you pulled by the feds & we dont want that do we...its not up to me or anyone else on here to say how cool it looks & the feds have better things to do etc......
the law is very strait forward when it comes to front windows & tinting...
apart from anything else the feds want to see who,s driving clearly through the windows;) by the way as said before nobody,s flaming you:confused:
as far as i can see most have given sound advice(y) now wether you take heed of this is up to you...off subject a bit, but i do smile when ...what do you think of my car[piccy] routine, back & forth the comments go, some good, some not so good:eek: piccy sender gets all uptight about it all etc,etc:D it,s like a game on here:D thing is when you,re young negativity doesn,t go down too well;)...when you,re an old git like me, you can call me anything you like, but don,t call me too early in the morning:D oh & don,t forget to call me for breakfast as well:yum:

Wasnt looking to get flamed here! :(
I am sure there is millions of cars on the roads with much more dangerous defects, like tyres, lights and poor wipers!

But I take your point, just hope that the police have better things to do. :rolleyes:
Sorry Visorfett, wasn't intending my post to come across as a flaming - I was simply posting up the current legislation that IIRC the previous poster to be couldn't remember off the top of their head.

I personally don't any problems with tinted windows. I ran 20% tint all round on three cars I had back in 2002 ish and never really saw the problem to be honest. The only problem I ever had was reversing out into an unlit road at night, when I had to put my windows down to see adequately.

I also think that there are far worse 'mods' that people do to their car that cause far more problems than professionally applied tints. When I see cars with tons of crap hanging from the rear view mirror, dogs jumping around all over the backseats and kids unrestrained in the back (my pet hate).

In the end I didn't tint anymore cars because the legislation changed and I couldn't be bothered to get pulled and given a seven day notice to remove them. I have friends who've had this problem and I for one just can't be bothered with it.

So, in brief, I think tints looks great and would put them on my car tomorrow if the legislation 'allowed'. I guess all I'm saying is be prepared to get tugged and asked to remove them.

Ben

If your front windows are tinted to any level you do risk being stopped by either Traffic Police or VOSA (Vehicle & Operator Services Agency) they have light meters to test the light that passes through your glass. If you have a subtle tint fitted then you should just be asked for it to be removed, if you have dark front door windows you could be told you cant drive your car any further and face a fine and points on your licence!

Oh and it will have to come off for to pass MoT.
Must say how I laughed at face on the blonde in the flash BMW when the guys at the MoT centre started ripping the film off her front windows... :ROFLMAO:

So dangerous that millions of people do it several times a day without problem? :chin:

Chris

Because its done doesn't mean it isn't dangerous.

Skydiving is dangerous, yet people do it.

It becomes a problem if an accident is caused by something dangerous, that's my point.

I like the tinted front windows, but I do think they can be dangerous and if an accident is caused by poor visibility due to them then they are dangerous and defective due to poor visibility IMO.

Lets hope and pray you don't kill anyone :(

Bit harsh!

Dont worry I dont take any offence, and I am happy everyone has a different opinion. The world would be a boring place etc etc etc...

Ironically, wearing sunglasses while driving will restrict your visibility more than light tints (and affects your forward vision too) and yet that is still legal..... for now anyway! :rolleyes:

Chris
Good argument for when I am in court. :D

Anyway, next mod is the Panda on the aerial thing, so that will fly off and smash someones windscreen, temporarily blinding them and making them crash into a bus full of kids, which then veers off the side of a cliff and they all die. :p errr sorry wrong thread...

Dont worry I dont take any offence, and I am happy everyone has a different opinion. The world would be a boring place etc etc etc...
thanks for all the opinions. (y)

Anyway, next mod is the Panda on the aerial thing, so that will fly off and smash someones windscreen, temporarily blinding them and making them crash into a bus full of kids, which then veers off the side of a cliff and they all die. :p errr sorry wrong thread...

LMFAO!

But you only wear sunglasses when its bright. You don't wear sunglasses at night do you?

:yeahthat:

cant find the picture of the woman in the hijab and sunglasses sat in a tinted 4x4 :(

It looks good but as your well aware its illegal it is an Endorseable offense of 3 points £60 fine iirc should the copper be in a bad mood or if in a better mood you will have the hastle of removing it and going to an MOT station to have it inspected..

and if you have an RTC and your insurance haven't been informed (they wont cover you for illegal mods anyway) they have the right to refuse/void/ cancel your policy which could mean they wont pay out in the event of an accident Having a policy canceled by a company stays on your record as such you will pay through the arris to any company who will give you ANY insurance be it motor/ home/contents/ pet insurance

But you only wear sunglasses when its bright. You don't wear sunglasses at night do you?

No, but people do wear sunglasses when they're driving through tunnels, under bridges, on roads with overhanging trees, etc where it isn't bright and there's a big contrast which their eyes need time to adjust to. Driving with sunglasses on really inhibits the eye's adjustment and you might as well be driving with your eyes closed imho....

Chris

Last edited:
No, but people do wear sunglasses when they're driving through tunnels, under bridges, on roads with overhanging trees, etc where it isn't bright and there's a big contrast which their eyes need time to adjust to. Driving with sunglasses on really inhibits the eye's adjustment and you might as well be driving with your eyes closed imho....

Chris

Decent sunglasses are great for driving. I have a pair of Oakley polarised sunglasses and they're great. Cut down most of the glare and give you a good increase in contrast. The problem is that if you tint the front windows the windscreen is still untinted so you'll be getting even less light into your eyes so your pupils will dilate and everything through the front screen will be brighter and more glarey and that's not good.

listen this has nothing to do with sunglasses what coulor your car is what you ate for dinner ect ect ect blah blah....like it or not its what the feds dictate:eek: pure & simple here...i don,t make the rules & sure as hell don,t like some of the rules(n)... now i may have a curry next week on a blue plate, do you know what i am saying;)

Back