Technical Front Hub - Stripped Threads

Currently reading:
Technical Front Hub - Stripped Threads

john54

Has anyone had problems with threads being stripped from front hubs? My 61 plate Punto Evo has already had one hub replaced as one of the wheelbolts removed some of the threads from the hub, using only the wheelbrace from the toolkit to change a wheel. The other hub looks like it is about to do the same thing as at least one of the wheelbolts has gone very tight.

Has anyone had problems with threads being stripped from front hubs? My 61 plate Punto Evo has already had one hub replaced as one of the wheelbolts removed some of the threads from the hub, using only the wheelbrace from the toolkit to change a wheel. The other hub looks like it is about to do the same thing as at least one of the wheelbolts has gone very tight.

still on original wheels + tyres..??

I hadn't taken them off at all. It had beens erviced at a main dealer a couple of months before.

Often they overtorque, sometimes that screw the bolts with machine and they cross the thread...

I always start to screwing with hand and use dynamometric key to torque, never had a problem with my cars.

Back