Freaking HID Kits and idiots

Currently reading:
Freaking HID Kits and idiots

slugworth1987

The Ratter
sick to death of it!!!

i drive home from work/college to be dazzled by at least 5 cars with aftermarket HID kits using normal headlamp holders!!! ffs!!!

I HATE THEM!!! wish someone would ban these kits out right even cars fitted as standard HID's blind me!!!

every time i see some $%^&*&^%$£%^&*&^%$£$%^&*(*&^%$ head with an HID kit using the wrong light system they get a whack full of my 4x 55w spot lamps 2x 100w main beam lights and my 2x 55w bumper spots take that you glaring tw@ts!!! there all chavy little ^%&^%$%^&*^%$ that have them on!!

eurhg!!!!!!!!!

rant over

sick to death of it!!!

i drive home from work/college to be dazzled by at least 5 cars with aftermarket HID kits using normal headlamp holders!!! ffs!!!

I HATE THEM!!! wish someone would ban these kits out right even cars fitted as standard HID's blind me!!!

every time i see some $%^&*&^%$£%^&*&^%$£$%^&*(*&^%$ head with an HID kit using the wrong light system they get a whack full of my 4x 55w spot lamps 2x 100w main beam lights and my 2x 55w bumper spots take that you glaring tw@ts!!! there all chavy little ^%&^%$%^&*^%$ that have them on!!

eurhg!!!!!!!!!

rant over
so its ok for you to use illegally lights but no one else? if you get dazzled you should do as it says in the highway code, not blind everyone else on the road because 1 person has dazzled you

Never been dazzled by anything and my pupils are fooked. You must be doing something wrong or being a bit over sensitive. Is a slightly brighter than norm beam really blinding you?

Never been dazzled by anything and my pupils are fooked. You must be doing something wrong or being a bit over sensitive. Is a slightly brighter than norm beam really blinding you?

Must be your area then. Round where I live it's nothing but Ranger Rover Sports, Merc's, BMW's and every single one of them with HID's dazzle the **** out of me. I've got and I quote from the optician "perfect vision".

Then you get the offspring of said idiots in a range of 'hot hatches' with aftermarket HID's which are even worse than their parents cars. It's already illegal why isn't it being enforced with correction notices? Similar to what they do with tint's.

That was less of a rant, more of a mental breakdown while smashing your face off the keyboard at random intervals
a bit like this.. keyboardsmash.gif

just like that andy! just like that,

dave: there are only 2 bits of illegal hardware on my car one of them is ofcom's saying and one is the 100w main beam 55w dipped beam H4 bulbs i use

offcom states only 4w can be used on CB radios i use 100w ;-)

i like the 100w number its a good number yes i shouldnt do it but its the same car's day in and day out they either need to just make HID illegal in the UK or fix it! lol

just like that andy! just like that,

dave: there are only 2 bits of illegal hardware on my car one of them is ofcom's saying and one is the 100w main beam 55w dipped beam H4 bulbs i use

offcom states only 4w can be used on CB radios i use 100w ;-)

i like the 100w number its a good number yes i shouldnt do it but its the same car's day in and day out they either need to just make HID illegal in the UK or fix it! lol

You can't complain about other people breaking the law if you do the same ;).

I only get blinded by the big posh range rovers and audi's and never by the retro fitted HIDs which i find strange. only ever being dazzled by 1 car with HIDs that werent meant to be fitted and they sorted them out soon after so im guessing they had literally just fitted them or something

Must be your area then. Round where I live it's nothing but Ranger Rover Sports, Merc's, BMW's and every single one of them with HID's dazzle the **** out of me.

I don't get it. It can't be an Area thing as I end up all over the country these days. I used to think its because I'm tinted all round but I still didn't have anything remotely annoying when I had to drive my Dads car for 2 months. That is an 08 5 series so falls into the annoying category but nobody seemed to get annoyed with me.

Must be your area then. Round where I live it's nothing but Ranger Rover Sports, Merc's, BMW's and every single one of them with HID's dazzle the **** out of me. I've got and I quote from the optician "perfect vision".

Then you get the offspring of said idiots in a range of 'hot hatches' with aftermarket HID's which are even worse than their parents cars. It's already illegal why isn't it being enforced with correction notices? Similar to what they do with tint's.

Completely agree. As if standard bulbs aren't bright enough already. I really don't see the point of using bulbs that emit so much light that it instantly fries your retinas. It's a right barrel of laughs when you're driving blind for a couple of potentially lethal seconds because some bastard is firing photon torpedoes out the front of thier car for no reason whatsoever. Even more fun when you've got another similar bastard behind you, cooking your face via the mirror.
Bastards.

Personally I don't a have problem with HID's. Sure there's the odd car that seems a bit brighter than usual, but no big deal. Slightly off topic, I do have a major problem with rear fog lights though. Used when the the weather is as clear as a bell....aaaaaah:mad: Sitting behind someone with their foot on the foot brake pedal at traffic lights is another eye watering experience, it's very annoying aaaaah:mad:

Now that's my early morning rant.:D

I don't get it. It can't be an Area thing as I end up all over the country these days. I used to think its because I'm tinted all round but I still didn't have anything remotely annoying when I had to drive my Dads car for 2 months. That is an 08 5 series so falls into the annoying category but nobody seemed to get annoyed with me.

You need to get a night vision eye test then. Probably means your pupils aren't expanding enough in the dark.

...There are only 2 bits of illegal hardware on my car...

thats alright then.

100w SOw

i hope you blind somebody and they in turn write your car off or maybe cause death by your childish shinannigans maybe that would be the only thing that would stop you from using illegal bulbs but im gonna guess that you have your head so far up your own arse that it wouldnt matter regardless.

Last edited:
You need to get a night vision eye test then. Probably means your pupils aren't expanding enough in the dark.

Yeah i know my pupils are screwed. Staring at a computer screen all day or looking at the intricacies of tiny product through a camera is bound to take its toll. I didnt think there is anything you can do about it. Means i dont get dazzled by HID's though :p

Im doing almost microscopic work on the computer. There is only so far that a zoom can go in illustrator. These ****ty new Imacs dont help either with their shiny screens. All i can see is reflections of the things behind me. Luckily i still have a second Matte monitor connected for the more eye straining work.

foglights!!! i hate fog lights "drive with fronts on oz its sick yo!" no you blind me! tw@t

or someone driving with the front ones on and inanvertatly turned there rear one on and wounder why you give them a quick flash to avert there attention to there car's use of lighting LOL

anywhoo seems alot of people feel the same way about HID's worse ones are the retro fitted into non projection lights

i do like the "Holyer than thou" speach on page one though i think he maybe a HID user :p

foglights!!! i hate fog lights "drive with fronts on oz its sick yo!" no you blind me! tw@t

or someone driving with the front ones on and inanvertatly turned there rear one on and wounder why you give them a quick flash to avert there attention to there car's use of lighting LOL

anywhoo seems alot of people feel the same way about HID's worse ones are the retro fitted into non projection lights

i do like the "Holyer than thou" speach on page one though i think he maybe a HID user :p
HIDs get me and it annoys me, I just cannot do anything about it currently.

Front fog lights, normally I just stick my rear light on if they are behind me, they usually get the message and turn theirs off. I mean what other way have I got of informing them?

Back