Technical Found something that may help cooling!

Currently reading:
Technical Found something that may help cooling!

On taking apart my Cinq it was found that the inner wheel arch liner on the drivers side had vents in it behind where the rad sits and therefore allowing the air to flow out past the rad into the wheel arch, not just create a hot pocket of air behind the rad. On checking my new Imola Cinq it has a solid arch liner and on checking all the Cinqs at MITCAR it was found that they were the same. I think as my Cinq was a very late model with air bag, Sei stalks and one set of vents below the windscreen (check out your Cinq it has 2 sets of vents, Sei's have 1) and therefore must be an improvement/update.

Therefore it may be worth investigating if the liners are interchangeable which I think they will be as its the same chassis underneath if you are wanting to improve your car efficiency at cooling.

Aaron.

My cinq has the vents in the wheel arch. Mine is a very late Cinq, a 98 with the Sei type controlls. I noticed it a while back when doing my cam belt change. If I remeber right there are the same vents in the near side wheel arch to.

Cool - mine are all solid but I need to replace all my arch liners due to overspray so I'll bear this in mind when I replace them - too expensive to buy new from Fiat and apparently they only do front ones and rear liners never existed - which is funny seen as I had them - now only have one but still! If and when I buy new ones I'll keep my eyes peeled for this vent lark n invest :D

Cheers
Em

Ironcially enough, I noticed this today on Smurfhead's Sei. Was considering doing the same on mine. Nice thought, Aaron (y)

jamie86 said:
Even though there is a big lump of hot metal in the way?

Don't think rad is far enough across from memory? :confused:
As someone else has posted it will help to promote air flow rather than creat a hot air pocket which the solid one does, there is a reason that Fiat updated the design, and probably contributes to why in general Sei's seem to have less problems with overheating.

Aaron.

J333EVO said:
As someone else has posted it will help to promote air flow rather than creat a hot air pocket which the solid one does, there is a reason that Fiat updated the design, and probably contributes to why in general Sei's seem to have less problems with overheating.

Aaron.

maybe this has something to do with the sei not having a temp guage, or fiat where just lazy :mad:

Yup mine has those slats and mine is a late 97, sei controlled cinq sporting.

I think they do aid in cooling as driving through a deep puddle I noticed plenty of steam being vented from them when getting out so they should deffo help lower the temp by a couple of degrees.

A nice cheap mod to change over a wheelarch liner.

Bushboy said:
em,

my red cinq had rear arch liners :) your not imagining it :p
Just Glad that Fiat are wrong - wouldn't be the first time and it certainly won't be the last - pack of $*%("! - wat do I know I'm only a girl :rolleyes:

Back