Off Topic Forum issues

Currently reading:
Off Topic Forum issues

Is it just my Samsung phone or does anyone else have issues replying to posts?

Often the cursor will jump around moving to words typed earlier or will add many blank lines down the page?

Another one is replying with the previous person's text above, my reply ends up in their text box and there's no way to move my reply under the box or cursor?

It only happens on this forum and only the last few months, even typing this it's all over the place

Often the cursor will jump around moving to words typed earlier or will add many blank lines down the page?

Another one is replying with the previous person's text above, my reply ends up in their text box and there's no way to move my reply under the box or cursor?

It only happens on this forum and only the last few months, even typing this it's all over the place
No discernible issues this end - PC WIndows 10.

Nor from my Android tablet.

Are you using Samsungs web browser? If so install Chrome or another less crap one.

New forum is a little buggy with phones.. occasionally I do need to use "desktop mode" to get it to do what I want to do.

Mine was LOGGED OUT.. on my Android Samsung this week so Ive not been on for a few days..

Only 'Bug' I noticed was
'QUOTE' icon seemed to do nothing.. after 6 months of using new look forum

I discover 'Reply' adds a quote :rolleyes:

Generally fine in daily operation though (y)

Fine on a iPhone except when someone else replies while your typing and the warning banner pops up
Try deleting until the cursor is next to the last character then hit enter

On the right hand side of the forum menu, there's an icon with your avatar or initial in a coloured circle (yours I think is the initial "V"). Click on this, then click "Account Details" and you can change whatever you want.

Using a Samsung Android..
Unfortunately I don't have any way of testing this on Android at the moment.

It might work like this if you can view the site in desktop mode on the phone, and should work if you are able to log in using a PC.

Failing that, perhaps somene with an Android phone will be along soon?

Sounds logical..

But there is no such Account Details

Using a Samsung Android..
On mine I get but that's emails rather than phone push notifications I think.

Screenshot_20230123-113916.png

I imagine you need to disable push notifications..but I think you do that in you web browser.

If you press 3 dots right hand corner go to settings and notifications is towards the bottom. Once in roll down until you see "site notifications" and uncheck Fiat forum.

Summat like this though mines Vanilla android not Samsung.

Screenshot_20230123-114703.png

On my Samsung Android 3 little bars top left gives you Menu.

If you then click on your user name at the top it takes you to your profile with various options.

Half way down is this:- You may find additional email options under Preferences.

If you hit that it's where the push stuff is; well it is on mine anyway...

Back