Footprint calculator

Currently reading:
Footprint calculator

3.6 here and 19.6 tonnes of CO2 a year. Bah! This last year was a bad one because I went to Australia and back for a wedding....

3.02 planets, 12.59 tonnes per annum.

If they think I am walking 43 miles to work, putting in a full day and walking back they got another thing coming.

I haven't flown for a year or two so I have that in my favour

And I am sorry to say 3 hours each way on the train or 1 hour by car is a no brainer - steering wheel please :D

Trev (off to the climate prison to do a life sentence :bang:)

Your footprint is 3.33 planets

• label_food.gif
    18%
  • label_travel.gif
    18%
  • label_home.gif
    41%
  • label_stuff.gif
    23%
  • Equating to an Ecological Footprint of 5.99 hectares
We've also calculated your carbon footprint, which is 14.05 tonnes per annum

I live in a new building which has solar panels built into the roof FFS :p yet theres no option for that on the list - and how is above 21 degrees hot :confused:, i recycle everything the local council will take and still I'm one of the worst yet lol - I don't even eat fruits or vegatables so surely I'm doing my bit there also :p

3.24 planets and 15.19 tonnes/year. Not the worst but hardly great! I drive at least 70 miles a day so that doesnt help :(

just turned the fire up and switched on lights, left the tv on playing to itself whilst doing that quiz

oh well

Thought about reducing my carbon footprint by using public transport to get to work. Worked it out like this: Start work at 06:00 round the "back" of the airport. Would have to get the bus which gets to where I work for about 05:45. So far so good. That leaves from the airport bus/train station at about 05:35. In order to catch that, I would have to arrive there at about 05:20 which would entail catching a train that leaves Manchester at approx. 05:00. For me to be on that train, I need to get to London Rd., near the station at about 04:45 which in turn means I need to be at the bus stop round the corner from home for near enough 04:15. On the other hand, I can walk out of the front door at 05:30 and get to work at 05:45 and still have time for a brew. 90 minutes by public transport or 15 in the car. Tricky one that.

Oh, forgot to mention, the last time I tried it on the late shift, starting at 11:30, the first 2 buses didn't turn up and I was late.

Thought about cycling to work when (if) the weather gets better. Was given one recently by a chap who works near me. When I went to pick it up he said
it was a decent one but not as good as the one he used to have before the accident. "Which accident?" I asked, "The one when I was cycling to work at the airport on the early shift. I was going round Green End roundabout when I was hit from behind by a Nurse on her way to work. As a result of that, I haven't been able to have any children and I now go to work in a Motobility provided Fiesta." So, although I haven't cycled to work on it yet, I did ride down to my local Sainsbury's once. When I got back I realized I'd forgotten the potatoes. Jumped in the car and went back to get them.

Back