Footprint calculator

Currently reading:
Footprint calculator

FFS T :eek:

Sorry mate. I was thinking of another thread and typing on this one.

Feel a right tw@t and then some :eek::eek::eek:

I have had beer though. I blame the beer.

2.88 planets, 12 tonnes

Probably different if my parents did it though.

I think its one of those con things, to make you worry... there is no way I produce 12 tonnes of carbon a year!

I don't think it's actually carbon that you can see - like 12 tonnes of coal on your back yard or something:p

Hmmm:

2.13 planets

and

8.04 tonnes per annum

Not good, well to be honest I want to be a pilot, so it is a bit hippocritical, and it doesnt take into account the month I spent in Borneo helping save the rain forest last year

Had another go, eliminating a flight out of europe and its dropped to
3.00 planets and 13.93 tonnes

Dont see how I could get much better, I recycle, drive a diesel car for 10 hours a week(for economy) have been to europe twice by plane (one a prize and one a training course), I have bought a sofa and a camera this year, spent three hundred quid on pets, I have energy saving light bulbs, double glazing, loft insulation, cavity insulation.

So apart from travel how could i get better?

Had another go, eliminating a flight out of europe and its dropped to
3.00 planets and 13.93 tonnes

Dont see how I could get much better, I recycle, drive a diesel car for 10 hours a week(for economy) have been to europe twice by plane (one a prize and one a training course), I have bought a sofa and a camera this year, spent three hundred quid on pets, I have energy saving light bulbs, double glazing, loft insulation, cavity insulation.

So apart from travel how could i get better?

heating?

Although as mentioned I think it proves we are living beyond our means already.

You're living as if we had 1.82 planets to support us. Although you are below the UK average, we obviously only have the one!

It's not all down to you!

The UK government and businesses need to change the big picture – that is, our roads, schools, hospitals – to help us cut down on one of these planets.

Well done! This eco-tip will help you on the journey to a one planet future, but we may not be able to show its effect on your footprint.

Your footprint is 1.82 planets

• label_food.gif
    26%
  • label_travel.gif
    12%
  • label_home.gif
    25%
  • label_stuff.gif
    37%
  • Equating to an Ecological Footprint of 3.28 hectares
We've also calculated your carbon footprint, which is 6.37 tonnes per annum
my ass

0 100 quid on bath ****

how have they calculated this ****

gas and 14-17 degrees? its not on all the time, an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening, so how is that worse than if i had it on all day at a lower temperature? it isnt. complete bull.

2.08 planets but thats for 4 so I am OK (y) Equates to less than 0.70 planets each :D

I agree with NumanR.... far too simplistic to have any value, just more Green scaremongering.

Last edited:
2.87 planets and 12.79 tonnes. :shrug:

Its those cheap flights that got me but I used public transport in Europe when I was there the last time.

Back