General Flurpee the 1.4 GP

Currently reading:
General Flurpee the 1.4 GP

So flurpee went for her mot today
View attachment 128081
was all going smooth and what i thought was a good day quickly turned sour by this :mad:
View attachment 128082.
Shes getting done on friday and retested on friday so all will be good but this is the second year that the same drop link failed :(

On lighter news she also went for her induction kit on tuesday they seemed to struggle doing it so the routed it next to the firewall with a air feed temperarly fixed in by cable ties (done by me) this will be rectified asap and i no ill prob get some slating for it but heres an image anyway
View attachment 128083
i have got a plan of how to extend it so i can shift that cable tied feed of the car but main priority is mot and then getting plastidip done next month :slayer:

well surely you would have seen the tyre was illegal before it went for MOT?? :eek:

and drop links are hardly a major issue can pick after market ones up for under a tenner and fit in 5 mins whilst the wheel is been taken off when they fit the tyre...

Im going to sound like a right miserable old bugger but a good look round and under the car every now and then could have saved you the agro of an MOT fail both these issues are very easy to spot did the car rattle over bumps by any chance...

correct me if im wrong but isnt one of the possible driving test questions about tyre tread depth?

ive always replaced mine at about 3mm having had a brown pants moment years ago on the motorway in heavy rain. Decent tyres for the GP are not expensive compared to a insurance claim ;)

Last edited:
so something came through the post today for flurpee got some headlight brows for her :) sprayed them white and fitted them. Not quite sure if i like it think maybe when the rest of the white gets done in just over a week ill change my mind with them tiding with the rest of it but for now heres how she looks

WP_20131228_005.jpg

all feedback welcome as im still unsure on these till the rest of the whites done but gonna keep them on anyway. will upload a better pic tomorrow as she looks wonky eyed in that one

Last edited:
I like it .... I don't like it ... I don't know what I think , I've never seen anyone put brows on as a different colour as the car , it's different. Have u thought about doing your grills white ?

the cars of in for plasti diping in January grill area bonnet roof and boot are getting done white with grills going black :) im still undecided on the brows but hopefully a week on Monday ill have my answer when the rest of the whites on :)

Quick update was gonna smooth the boot today but weather was utterly rubbish! Got bits for it just need a nicer day before monday to get it done, i did do a little mod though something which makes the engine bay look tidier but has not much colour to,

stock.jpg

black.jpg

I thought id go with black simply because of my black and white theme :) gonna do the same to my rear drums either thursday or sometime next week to make it look neater :) anywho hope you all have a wonderful night tonight i no i will be!! and also HAPPY NEW YEAR since i wont be on much tonight/tomorrow ;) rock on you awesome lot!! :slayer:

So a little parcle came today in the form of my badgeless grill :) one day before the esitimated delivery day thank you amazon! Here she is with her new grill it is chrome but hey i cant win them all can always spray it ;)

WP_20140102_004.jpg

Also managed today to remove the rear fiat badge on the boot since weather actually permitted me to do it finally! She still needs abit more work which will hopefully get done on this coming sunday ready for her trip on monday to be done white :)

WP_20140102_007.jpg

Apologises for the quality of that image ran out of day light she is smooth but has a feels like a thin layer needs to be applied the primers on simple because of this weather im having up here and didnt wanna risk it raining. I no MrMurray20 will be interested in this mod ive been doing ;)

More to come next week ;)

puntoboii Car is looking awesome mate I really like it, cant believe I am going to say this but I agree paint over the chrome :( (LOL). Cant wait to see the final finished smoothed and painted tailgate and the white going on the car (y)

Keep up the good work make :)

Regards
Stephen

puntoboii Car is looking awesome mate I really like it, cant believe I am going to say this but I agree paint over the chrome :( (LOL). Cant wait to see the final finished smoothed and painted tailgate and the white going on the car (y)

Keep up the good work make :)

Regards
Stephen

:eek: you disagreeing about chrome! Stephen come out of the light do not follow the light hahaha just messing i agree but cant tell its chrome until up close :p looking forward to Monday only 3more days! Gone so quickly

One last pic before she went into the garage this morning so decided to cheat and go to a carwash to get it washed and now shes up there getting done and ill be able to get her back earlier then expected tomorrow dinner! cant come quick enough i miss flurpee but haave no means of transport since my dads now at work. Kinda liking the no numberplate look to but wont be able to get away with it with the rozzers round here :(

WP_20140106_001.jpg

evening all flurpee came back to me yesterday :) didnt have chance to upload pics as me and FatherJack convoyed to bury last night to pick some bits up i got a set of sporting alloys which will be fitted tomorrow although they do need a refurb especially on one wheel, also gonna be painting back drums tomorrow before i whip the new alloys on :) anywho pics of the plastidipping i did upload some on facebook last night with a mix of now positive and negative feedback i no ive got SJB1985 thumbs up of approval i no it wont be to everyyones taste but i LOVE it and thats all i care about tbh anyway heres some pics of her as she stands now.

FB_20140109_22_10_10_Saved_Picture.jpg
FB_20140109_22_11_07_Saved_Picture.jpg
WP_20140109_001.jpg
WP_20140109_002.jpg

Mate I really like this I think it looks awesome, totally badass fcuk the haters mate let them hate. The main thing is, do you like it did you get done what you wanted to get done and are you happy with it mate? I believe the answers to those questions is YES then don't worry about everyone else. it is unique and that's why I like it so much. I have to say the plastidip job looks very very good also mate top work! (y)

Regards
Stephen

Mate I really like this I think it looks awesome, totally badass fcuk the haters mate let them hate. The main thing is, do you like it did you get done what you wanted to get done and are you happy with it mate? I believe the answers to those questions is YES then don't worry about everyone else. it is unique and that's why I like it so much. I have to say the plastidip job looks very very good also mate top work! (y)

Regards
Stephen

cheers man its a big YES for me gotta get grills done white but debating to ask him to do them black thinking now it might be ott if i did them white?

Back