Technical FITTING tHE GLOVEBOX CD CHANGER

Currently reading:
Technical FITTING tHE GLOVEBOX CD CHANGER

Michael1

Hi, can anyone help me out with a "How T0" guide on fitting the auto changer in the glove box? I have the unit and the glove box linner, but do I need extra wiring? etc.

The car is and 02 Abarth.

I have a problem with the connect nav+ reading CD's including the map CD, is this common.

Thanks Michael

problem with the connect nav+ reading CD's including the map CD:
xbay 110284642425 "Neue ersatz-cdrom spieler für Fiat Stilo Connect Nav"
It´s no problem to replace this item!! (y)
You need them absolutely for navigation and mp3!!!
CD Changer can´t reed mp3!! There is no connect nav compatible CD-changer which reed mp3 and navigation CD´s!!!

Hi, can anyone help me out with a "How T0" guide on fitting the auto changer in the glove box? I have the unit and the glove box linner, but do I need extra wiring? etc.

The car is and 02 Abarth.

I have a problem with the connect nav+ reading CD's including the map CD, is this common.

Thanks Michael

Hi Michael, Welcome to the FF.

I've not fitted one of these CD changers yet and I don't think anyone has put a guide on the forum. There is some information here at post #12 but I think this may be for fitting it to a standard radio, not CN+:

https://www.fiatforum.com/stilo-technical/5299-stilo-starting-battery-asr-etc-faults.html

You will need the special connecting cable that comes with the IDC-A09 CD changer. I'm not sure whether it gets it's power via that cable direct from the CN+ or needs an additional power cable.

The Fiat version of the IDC-A09 changer is Blaupunkt part number 7607769150 and you must have that version for it to work with your CN+.

If you use the search function above and search for 'Stilo' + 'changer', there are lots of posts about this which you may be able to piece together to get more information.

I've never had a problem with my CN+ reading CDs and would suggest you try to resolve that problem before fitting the CD changer.

Dave.

Back