Fitting CD changer to Multipla. Advice needed.........

Currently reading:
Fitting CD changer to Multipla. Advice needed.........

Hi,

I asked a while back which changer I should look for to work from the Blaupunkt `Saint Tropez RCM 168' as fitted to my SLX 105 Multipla, and was told to look for either the Blaupunkt CDC-AO8 or CDC-AO3. I've just taken delivery of an AO3 sourced via Ebay and found it won't fit! The problem is that the lead supplied with the changer has a small round plug on each end, but the radio has a rectangular socket with three rows of flat terminals. I've just `phoned the local car audio dealer, and they say there is no adapter; basically the changer is incompatible with the head unit. I'm not convinced they are right; there's a connection diagram on the back of the radio which show the socket is used with all manner of external connections, not just a cd changer.

So, does anyone know of an adapter that plugs into the back of the radio and lets the control lead (plus maybe two phono type audio leads) plug into the back of the adapter, or maybe a different lead (round plug on one end, big rectangular plug on the other)? There's a separate audio lead that came with the changer. This has phono plugs on each end, but there are no phono sockets on the radio, only a couple of spade terminals marked `line in' in the multi pin socket.

If it sounds like the above just isn't going to work, does anyone know what cd changer I should be looking for?

I really would appreciate any advice anyone can give me; if I can't use the AO3 I'll have to sell it........................ Jim.

Back