Technical fitting a spare wheel carrier on a qubo went to dealer parts told him to look u

Currently reading:
Technical fitting a spare wheel carrier on a qubo went to dealer parts told him to look u

after 3 yrs of northern snow and floods, I gave up with that p.o.s wheel carrier/cover malarkey as the cover kept coming off n draggin when driving through flooded routes. that n faffin around gettin the wheel out in crappy weather, tis easier to just keep it in the boot space.....especially if the wife ever had to change it in anger.....:eek:

I had to use my spare wheel the other week. On trying to put it back I found that the winch had jammed. After faffing around with a torx driver I managed to get it off the underside of the vehicle only to find that the steel cable had gotten all tangled up. Cue an hour of faffing trying to get it spooled back up properly and reattaching it to the underside of the car.

Typically one of the bolts that holds the internals together doesn't fit back in place like it should but it does now seem to work (without the awkward bolt) although it requires a bit more effort to wind the winch up and down. I can see myself having to get a new winch unit fitted at some point :bang:

Despite all the hassle it was good to be able to use the spare wheel and not a can of squirty nonsense.

Back