General QUBO TREKKING SPARE WHEEL FITMENT

Currently reading:
General QUBO TREKKING SPARE WHEEL FITMENT

trevexess

I have a 2019 qubo and wanted to fit a spare wheel which I managed to find in a local breakers along with the winding mechanism. I think all this came from a Peugeot Bipper. I thought it would be an easy fit straight onto the existing bolts, but the problem was that the centre part of the mech that goes through the wheel has a three bolt fitting on a triangular pattern and under the Qubo I had four bolts in that position on a square grid pattern. All the hanging mechs on E-bay and on Fiat sites show the 3 bolt unit, I was told they were all the same, Qubo, Nemo and Blipper. - The actual winder unit that fits to the rear was perfect - a very straight forward fit onto existing bolts, but the central unit would not fit correctly so the 15" wheel would sit in the correct position. We ended up cutting off the existing bolts, re-drilling for the triangular pattern and fitting new bolts through the low cross member to fit the unit. Everything worked out ok but it was a lot of work and head scratching. Does anyone know if the later Qubo has a different fitting centre lifting mech with a 4 hole base plate to lift the wheel.

I have a 2019 qubo and wanted to fit a spare wheel which I managed to find in a local breakers along with the winding mechanism. I think all this came from a Peugeot Bipper. I thought it would be an easy fit straight onto the existing bolts, but the problem was that the centre part of the mech that goes through the wheel has a three bolt fitting on a triangular pattern and under the Qubo I had four bolts in that position on a square grid pattern. All the hanging mechs on E-bay and on Fiat sites show the 3 bolt unit, I was told they were all the same, Qubo, Nemo and Blipper. - The actual winder unit that fits to the rear was perfect - a very straight forward fit onto existing bolts, but the central unit would not fit correctly so the 15" wheel would sit in the correct position. We ended up cutting off the existing bolts, re-drilling for the triangular pattern and fitting new bolts through the low cross member to fit the unit. Everything worked out ok but it was a lot of work and head scratching. Does anyone know if the later Qubo has a different fitting centre lifting mech with a 4 hole base plate to lift the wheel.
I'm looking to fit a spare wheel under my 67-plate Qubo. I attach a pic of what's underneath. Looks like 3 bolts spaced widely apart plus the mass of bolts in the centre. If I'm seeing correctly then your conclusion is right about later Qubo's (Fiorino's too, presumably) having a different bolt layout.

Back