Styling Fitting 17" Alloy Wheels Mk2

Currently reading:
Styling Fitting 17" Alloy Wheels Mk2

Bought some 2nd hand 17" alloy wheels made by KEI Racing this morning, I believe their offset is 42 and they are 7" wide.

Went to fit them this afternoon using the spacers supplied with them, started with the rear drivers side wheel. Fitted the KEI Racing alloy using the supplied spacer (think it's either 7mm or 5mm, not sure though) and when I lowered the car off the jack it looks like one of the rear suspension bolts is touching the tyre wall. I didn't bother trying to drive the car to see if it was rubbing as I didn't want to cause any damage to the tyre.

Just wondering what size spacers I need to fit 17x7 alloys to a Punto Mk2? Will 10mm spacers on the back be ok or will I need 15mm? :confused:

Any help appreciated. (y)

I think these alloys are already 4x98, they were originally fitted to a Bravo without wobbly bolts and they fitted my Punto with normal alloy wheel bolts (apart from the offset issue). Is there anyway of finding out if they are 4x100 or 4x98? :confused:

no need to be rude is there num nuts? i was only saying 15 tyres cheaper because they are slightly thicker,and 15" are cheaper to buy normally i agree 17" bit better but can affect speedo etc..

I think these alloys are already 4x98, they were originally fitted to a Bravo without wobbly bolts and they fitted my Punto with normal alloy wheel bolts (apart from the offset issue). Is there anyway of finding out if they are 4x100 or 4x98? :confused:

measure them, good tyre place should have a pcd measureing tool

no need to be rude is there num nuts? i was only saying 15 tyres cheaper because they are slightly thicker,and 15" are cheaper to buy normally i agree 17" bit better but can affect speedo etc..

there not a lot of diffrence in diameter for 17s with 205/40 than 185/55/ 15s
about 2mph out at 70 mph.

and 17 not a lot more 2 buy than a 15 tyre

oh and don't call people num nuts just because they ask a question, i see no rudeness in that reply

I'm having the same issue with different wheels.

wondering which size spacers to buy.

Edit : my wheels are 40mm offset

Last edited:
Thanks for that.

I think I'm gonna order 10mm for the front and back, just to play it safe.

I just need the money to pay for them now :p.

Back