Finding my "first car" buzz again

Currently reading:
Finding my "first car" buzz again

Borderline

Hi all, I'm on my 46th car in 49 years of driving and I still miss my very first car, despite lots of Alfas and Mercs since. It was a 127 Sport in black with orange trim. Went (relatively) fast back in the day and went out of tune almost as quickly, usually cos the timing chain had stretched. Happy days!

I'm aware of one (orange) 127 Sport for sale, which is actually a loving recreation rather than factory original. Anyone know of any original and unmolested examples still out there? There's thought to be fewer than 100 left now, mostly SORN. Even the Italians don't seem to have been able to preserve many!

Hi all, I'm on my 46th car in 49 years of driving and I still miss my very first car, despite lots of Alfas and Mercs since. It was a 127 Sport in black with orange trim. Went (relatively) fast back in the day and went out of tune almost as quickly, usually cos the timing chain had stretched. Happy days!

I'm aware of one (orange) 127 Sport for sale, which is actually a loving recreation rather than factory original. Anyone know of any original and unmolested examples still out there? There's thought to be fewer than 100 left now, mostly SORN. Even the Italians don't seem to have been able to preserve many!
Maybe if you concentrate your search in countrys that are mostly dessert!🥵- you might🤔 have a chance!🫠😜

Hi all, I'm on my 46th car in 49 years of driving and I still miss my very first car, despite lots of Alfas and Mercs since.
Only 46:)? Since 1969 including motorbikes I gave up counting at around 200, though I admit most of them cost less than three figures until more recently.
I recall a rough 1964 MGB Roadster I paid £90 for and was peeved the insurance was £80 per year, not that it stayed that long after the Summer sun changed to rain.;)

It was a 127 Sport in black with orange trim. Went (relatively) fast back in the day and went out of tune almost as quickly, usually cos the timing chain had stretched. Happy days!

Hi
We had one in 1989, rusted out.. It was a donor for our 1050cl

It was indeed pretty nippy 😉

One long term member on here has the 1050 Ltd edition.. Believed to be the only RHD one

I wouldn't bee too shocked if there are only 5 of the 1050 sports left in the UK

I Did see pics of one (on here..?) in the last year though

Back