General Finally had enough of my Doblo

Currently reading:
General Finally had enough of my Doblo

mackd0001

Jigsaw Couriers
Have decided to trade my doblo van in as it has broken down again and needs a new fuel pump, not many garages are interested in taking it as a trade in because of the mileage 167,000 so looks like once it has the new fuel pump fitted it will be on ebay ,
anybody interested in a 53 reg red doblo :)

Last edited:
I bought it in march 2006 with 59,000 miles on it so have had good use out of it,
still waiting for a price back from the garage for a new fuel pump, but went out today and bought a Transit Connect 06 reg with 18,000 miles on it so looks like this is the end of the road for me and doblos at the moment.

I didnt have that many problems really for having done over 100,000 in just over 18 months.
have replaced various bits of the exhaust including the cat
new water pump at around 85k
water leak at around 90k was a tiny water pipe buried under everything at the top of the engine
new clutch at around 110k
new injectors fitted at 126k
clutch master cylinder at roughly 130k
also the usual tyres and brakes and routine servicing

Picked up my Transit Connect this morning, first impressions are good, smoother than than doblo and faster acceleration, although my doblo was the non turbo version.
very nice to drive, just need to sell the doblo now

Yes I have put an advert on here to see if anyone is interested in it,

I didnt have that many problems really for having done over 100,000 in just over 18 months.
have replaced various bits

167,000 miles and its finally given up /QUOTE]

Not being rude but I would have thought that was a fair 'cost' for the work it has undertaken. Can you say where you feel it could have done you better so that I have an idea of what thesevans are all about having just bought a new one.
Good luck with the new van - they look the part but not sure about their longevity as yet.

stop worrying,go speak to niall in the doblo section....his doblos gone around the world many many times(y)

and I thought I was on the DOBLO section! :eek:

Whose worrying - at that rate and mine doing less than 3k per year it will be eaten by the 'metallic worm' before I need too much expenditure;)

sorry it's niall_G ( 284,000 Miles since 7/1/2004 and counting) (y)

Yep, thats me... the Doblo is Mrs_G's.

Currently in the garage for a spot of tlc and some repair work.

1. Cambelt service due.
2. Glowplug light flashing after start up.
3. Brakes have a fault. About 3 inches of 'lost movement' before any real resistance is felt then a very spongey pedal with poor redardation in relation to the effort being exerted on the pedal.

Hopefully it will all be done in one day so Mrs_G can continue to work and keep me in the manner to which I am accustomed :D

Last edited:
Yep, thats me... the Doblo is Mrs_G's.

Currently in the garage for a spot of tlc and some repair work.

1. Cambelt service due.
2. Glowplug light flashing after start up.
3. Brakes have a fault. :D

Amazing after all those miles - must be down to the lady driver:rolleyes: - but presume it is on a second engine / gearbox / steering / etc etc..?

reckon you need glow plug(s) if light flashing,could be control box but thats quite rare.

When booking it for the service I mentioned the glowplug light. The guy suggested I check the brake lights - in his experience it can lead to strange faults. When Mrs_G arrived home I checked and found the offside brake light had failed! :eek::eek:

I fitted a new bulb and.......... the glowplug light still flashes :( so a new set of plugs will be fitted - not bad considering it is still on the originals.

Hope its not the control box :yuck:

Last edited:
Amazing after all those miles - must be down to the lady driver:rolleyes: - but presume it is on a second engine / gearbox / steering / etc etc..?

Original engine.

Original gearbox (repaired over 100,000 miles ago when 5th gear fell off! Instead of a new gearbox my local garage put 5th gear back together - charged £75 inc parts!!)

Original Steering.

Replaced: Clutch (193,000 miles), Radiator, Brake discs (thrice), mass air sensor, water pump (precaution during last cam belt change), wiper mechanism (twice).

Back